Waldo Canyon Fire (was Pyramid Mountain Fire)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
Thats what it is listed as on inciweb also, guess they changed it, im hearing both pyramid command and waldo command being used over the radio.

Pyramid was a small fire that started last night and I believe Waldo is a new and or rekindle of it.

Jim<

bigbw1

Premium Subscriber
Do they know a cause yet? I sure hope that it was not set by the idiot that has been trying to start one up there.

Moosemedic

Need help posting photo's

Can someone place tell me how to post some pictures of the Pyramid Mountain Fire?

I've got some shots looking north from the Cheyenne Mountain Zoo area.

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
Can someone place tell me how to post some pictures of the Pyramid Mountain Fire?

I've got some shots looking north from the Cheyenne Mountain Zoo area.

Bottom of your message it has an attachment option,

Jim<

BKE

New voluntary evacs for Allegheny east to I-25, north to the Air Force Academy.
Also it was being called the Pyramid mountain fire in error, when someone gets a chance could you change the thread name to Waldo Canyon Fire.

Moosemedic

View from Cheyenne Mountain Zoo

I've attached a picture taken from the Cheyenne Mountain Zoo.

Pyramid or Waldo, it's too close to Colorado Springs....

Attachments

• Pyramid Mountain Fire ).jpg
    Pyramid Mountain Fire ).jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 1,636

BKE

From the forest service: over 1000 acres, multiple heads, heading both north east and south west, hotshots crews from springer fire and type 1 incident management team en route.

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
From the forest service: over 1000 acres, multiple heads, heading both north east and south west, hotshots crews from springer fire and type 1 incident management team en route.

Hearing the Type 1 team will arrive tonight, must have already been in the state.

Jim<

BKE

Seems like alot of misinformation or conflicting information going around including csfd and forest service fighting over the name of the fire ( csfd refering to it as pyramid and forest service waldo canyon) also inciweb is reporting that the SO is evacuating manitou springs but local news is reporting that the SO is unaware of evacs for manitou.

Moosemedic

Would it be time for Hahnenberg's Type I team to rotate out of the High Park Fire?

If they were going to rotate out, it would make sense that there was a replacement Type I IMT arriving in Ft. Collins. Perhaps they were diverted?

If I was RMACC, I'd be finding any reason to capture resources and keep them occupied in the region.

Another fire was reported around 18:00 5 miles south of the Waldo / Pyramid Fire. Somewhere north and west of Seven Falls. It looked like Colorado Springs Fire (Engine 11 and others) were staged at the split in the road between Seven Falls and the Starsmore Discovery Center Parking lot.

I hear Engine / Brush 4, and Engine / Brush 13 on the online feed, walking in. Met with a Park Ranger, reporting that the has been put out by locals. Better location is along a "Columbine Trail" off of Cheyenne Canyon.

Last edited:

jeffreyinberthoud

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
One wonders if these are the work of the arsonist they have been talking about down there , Ranks one step above a child molester

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
KRDO with a good picture.

also hearing latest is over 2,000 acres

Jim<

Last edited:

wtnfs

Would it be time for Hahnenberg's Type I team to rotate out of the High Park Fire?

If they were going to rotate out, it would make sense that there was a replacement Type I IMT arriving in Ft. Collins. Perhaps they were diverted?

If I was RMACC, I'd be finding any reason to capture resources and keep them occupied in the region.

Another fire was reported around 18:00 5 miles south of the Waldo / Pyramid Fire. Somewhere north and west of Seven Falls. It looked like Colorado Springs Fire (Engine 11 and others) were staged at the split in the road between Seven Falls and the Starsmore Discovery Center Parking lot.

I hear Engine / Brush 4, and Engine / Brush 13 on the online feed, walking in. Met with a Park Ranger, reporting that the has been put out by locals. Better location is along a "Columbine Trail" off of Cheyenne Canyon.

Type I IMT (Harvey) to Waldo. New Type I IMT (Lund) to High Park.

Moosemedic

L.c.e.s.

I'm hearing scanner traffic directed to Task Force 1 to be ready to pull out. They're talking about structure protection and letting spots go if they're well inside the green area.

Lookouts reporting "significant embers falling", I believe in the Cedar Heights area. Advising units to be ready to leave now, stating that if they don't they may loose egress to the west. Fire is making a run at the ridge.

These are reports from the Brush trucks working alongside dozers.

A weather spotter reported temperature was 80 (and it's almost midnight)

BKE

Yep its not sounding good, hopefully they can hold the dozer line, but the way it sounds its just going to spot over it. most recent update from the forest service is 2500 acres 0% containment. I can see flames from my house in colorado springs.

Status
Not open for further replies.