Walker County GA Detention Talkgroup

Status
Not open for further replies.

KF4ZMB

Premium Subscriber
Sorry if this has already been asked and responded to. I did a search on here for this information to no avail, but that does not mean I didn't miss it.

I am originally from the Walker County/La Fayette area, and will be returning to that area for a visit soon. I have not used my new scanner in the area since they joined the Tennessee Valley Regional APCO-25 system.

I was just interested in learning if anyone knows the talkgroup that is used by the Detention Officers at the Walker County Jail. Are they even on the trunked system or are they still using conventional frequencies? I believe they used to use portable radios in the 460 MHz range, but having not regularly monitored in that area for quite some time I am not sure if that is even accurate.

Any information is helpful and appreciated.

Thanks,
Christian KF4ZMB

KF4ZMB

Premium Subscriber
Walker County Sheriff's Office Detention Center

I am now, currently, back in the Northwest Georgia area, and have thus far been unable to locate the frequency(ies) that the Walker County Detention Officers are using. It is entirely possible that they are using radios with very low output meaning it is not possible for me to pick them up even with my PRO-163 attached to an outside antenna just outside La Fayette, or possibly they have returned to using the old call box system that they used to use inside the jail complex.

Any and all help is appreciated.

KF4ZMB

KF4ZMB

Premium Subscriber
Walker County Detention Officers on TVR TRS

With any luck sometime after the first of the year I am going to try to get a P25 compatible scanner, and when I do I will monitor all of the Walker County Talkgroups. If, at that time, I locate a talkgroup used by the Detention Center then I will be sure to post it here and to the editors of the site for inclusion on the releveant trunking page.

In the meantime, if anyone else finds any information on this please feel free to pass it along.

KF4ZMB

Status
Not open for further replies.