Wallkill NY--Missing Child?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sc800

I saw this article in the Times Herald Yesterday.

http://recordonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080404/NEWS/80404002/-1/NEWS

It doesn't make a lot of sense, why would a PD not call this type of incident an abduction?
I also do not know what it refers to when it says "the search continues"

I have heard NO traffic of any kind relating to a search on

460.350 (Wallkill PD)
155.535 (NYSP)
or on any of the Sheriff Talkgroups.

Is this being handled by cell-phones, or is it not an active "boots-on-the ground search"?

Spec

Could have been a parent - daughter confrontation. If no one has reported their 11 - 13 yr old missing it is a possibility. No victim, no crime reported, just a contact between two unknown subjects.

sc800

Possibly

If it was a parent-child confrontation, I would think it would be cleared up already. Does anyone know if it is, this is the last article in the paper about it.

That is if this ever happened...very possible on these types of calls for them to be later cleared as 'unfounded' as there is no record of the vehicle of child ever existing, except from this woman's report.

I was talking to a friend who is a police officer in Orange County and he said he heard a poll from Central and later a BOLO for the vehicle, but nothing else.

Does anyone have any more definitive information?

Last edited by a moderator:

Spec

The incident real or not was reported to the PD. If the parent, if it was that was the case, might have:
1. not be a scanner chaser.
2. not have read the paper or blog
3. knows and really doesn't care to have any further contact.
4. it really wasn't what the reporting person thought it was.
So maybe it has already been cleared unfounded.

Contact the PD if you are interested in what the real deal is.

Status
Not open for further replies.