• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Walmart walkie confessional...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ampulman

Well, there's 8 minutes (gave up) of what's left of my lifetime, that I'll never get back.

She needs to get a life.

Amp

KCoax

Premium Subscriber
oh, I thought this was going to be a prank. Spoiler Alert! Walmart wouldn't give employee walkie talkie because they do not stock enough batteries for this lady yap.

CaptDan

Oh I am so glad that you guys posted up - I gave up after about 3 minutes - only reason I let her go that long - I was thinking that there must be something about this - thought maybe I was just being old - too critical and impatient but after 3 minutes I stopped.

Thanks again - Merry Christmas to you all !

Dan

Darth_vader

Oh, lighten up, people. She's a teenager; do you really expect her to be succinct and to the point?

Anyways, I would have expected her to at least do a little research before posting if she were my teen-aged daughter. You don't even need a rig like she prominently displayed; just get any cheapo VHF police scanner and programme it for the MURS channels, as has been stated many, many times over on here. Of course, if she were my teen-aged daughter, I would have also expected her to refrain from throwing out terms like "walkie line" and "picked and choosed" without a second thought.

But like I said, she's still a kid; her cognitive abilities likely aren't fully developed yet. That doesn't usually occur until about age 21-25ish.

Last edited:

rapidcharger

I thought it was really interesting.
I guess you know you're really a radio geek when you can listen intently to someone talk about their motorola xtn walkie talkie.
That's one I don't have yet. I ought to log on to scambay and get one.
From my perch I should be able to pick up two different walmarts.

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
I didn't even listen to it, you guys told me all I needed to hear! :D

n9zas

kd7kdc

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
This is like watching people's reactions to 2 girls one cup....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.