Waltham Fire and Police

Status
Not open for further replies.

SOCCERCOACH

Premium Subscriber
Has anyone heard or have knowledge of Waltham Fire and Police going to digital??? Any help would be appreciated, Hope not would have to buy a new digital scanner or two. Thanks

gordon115

According to a posting on SNE, Waltham signed a contract for a P25 capable public safety radio system earlier this year. It's unclear if it will be clear or encrypted or to what extent P25 will actually be used. Don't forget that there are a fair number of departments in our area that have P25 capability but don't use it much

City of Waltham Awards Radio Solutions Public Safety Communications Contract

Gordon

matt131

QRT
Premium Subscriber
I heard from a very good source that the equipment is Tait radios which they will be using. I also heard that they have the ability to do encryption but won't that much.

SOCCERCOACH

Premium Subscriber
Waltham FD PD

Ok, I am not that familiar with Tait radio what is that >?? I also heard something about duel radios, digital and analog. And PD detectives may go encripted, but everyone else will stay on normal radio whatever that means. Thank you

ecps92

from Mr Google
Tait is a Brand, just like Vertex, Icom, Kenwood and Motorola

Dual Mode - radios don't Duel
Dual Mode basically means it can do both Digital [Usually P25] and Analog]

Encrypted - Good for the Detectives. Smart Move

Ok, I am not that familiar with Tait radio what is that >?? I also heard something about duel radios, digital and analog. And PD detectives may go encripted, but everyone else will stay on normal radio whatever that means. Thank you

matt131

QRT
Premium Subscriber
Tait Radios are made in New Zealand. A lot of departments moved to Tait when the purchased new radios. My source tells me that the department bought the TP9135 portable radios and TM9155 mobiles with encryption.

Status
Not open for further replies.