Wanting to start a stream for NE utah

Status
Not open for further replies.

veralee

In my local area I can pick up Uintah Basin Communications center that covers all of Uintah, Duchesne, and Daggett counties. I am more than willing, and have the computer and internet speed to handle streaming. What is the easiest, and cheapest, way to get a stream up and going?

n0nhj

In way too deep...
Feed Provider
Streaming

I run several streams.

It depends on which scanner you're using and software.
For some of my sites where I'm running ProScan on a BC796 I stream directly from there to Radio Reference Audio Feeds. This has the advantage of controlling the scanner, and providing the alpha tags in the same program.

For the other feeds with scanners that don't have alpha tags, I've been using scannercast
http://www.k1pgv.com/CsannerCast.html It's pretty straight forward.

Keep in mind you'll need to keep your computer running 24/7, and running other other heavy duty (gaming, etc), programs can interfere with the stream. You also can run into conflicts with sound interfaces. I use a dedicated computer running some other scanning and ham programs, but don't normally use the machines for regular browsing, etc.

Let me know what other questions I can answer.

Chuck
Glenwood Springs, CO

enosjones

Premium Subscriber
Im sure also Electronic Interference From the Computer u will want to use will Interfere with Some of the Channels/frequencies you want to stream. Im not sure how to fix that, unless u only stream trunking. Since the Trunking Channels in 800 MHZ are focused on the Control chan. Just FYI

Status
Not open for further replies.