Warning: one or more talkgroups are not assigned to a trunk system!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrchgr

I'm trying to sync my Pro 106 and I keep getting this message "warning: one or more talkgroups are not assigned to a trunk system!". I can't get anything to sync to it. I'm new at this and I can't figured it out, any help would be appreciated.

QDP2012

I'm trying to sync my Pro 106 and I keep getting this message "warning: one or more talkgroups are not assigned to a trunk system!". I can't get anything to sync to it. I'm new at this and I can't figured it out, any help would be appreciated.

If you are using software, like ARC..., or Win..., then review your data file and look in your list of TalkGroups (a.k.a. TG / TGRP) for one that does not have a "System" matched with it. Each talkgroup must belong to a specific Trunked Radio System (a.k.a. TRS / "System" / TSYS). If the TG is entered without belonging to a TRS, then the scanner is confused and does not know what to do with the TG.

Hope this helps,

Ensnared

Premium Subscriber
Pro106 Message

Before I attempt to provide assistance, I need to know what you mean by "sync."

Most of the time, when I've seen messages on the screen of my radio, it generally showed the presence of a "heap error." From what I've understand about this, it means the TSYS (Trunking System) is unattached to the associated talk groups (channels). I might add, the only time I've seen this error message was after I attempted to manually program my digital scanner. I hardly ever make mistakes using Win500. When I do, I can go into the radio & WIn500 to see if all trunking systems are attached to talk groups.

The TSYS and Talk groups have to be attached to one another before the radio will work.

Again, I prefer programming my radio with Win500. It saves tons of time and you have a much larger visual field to review instead of the limited view in the radio's LCD screen.

Here are some links:

Easier to Read Pro-106/197/PSR500/600 Digital Scanner Manual

WIN500 - UtahRadio

After review, post another response. Then, we will hopefully work this out.

mrchgr

Thanks for the help, I ended up having 4 lines with nothing in the Trunk System and in the Talkgroup ID it just had asterisks. Thanks again for the help.

Ensnared

Premium Subscriber
Manual or Computer?

Thanks for the help, I ended up having 4 lines with nothing in the Trunk System and in the Talkgroup ID it just had asterisks. Thanks again for the help.

If you don't mind my asking, how are you programming your radio, computer or manual?

Status
Not open for further replies.