Warning Systems DSP-300 Alert rx

Status
Not open for further replies.

byndhlptom

Gentlemen:

I have aquired a DSP-300 weather alert receiver. I need some documentation to power it up and program. Emails and phone calls to the manufacturer have been unanswered

Does any one have any information on this unit. Looks very solid, would love to get it back to work....

thanks

tom

Attachments

• AdaptAlert-DSP-300-NW-datasheet-20091214.pdf
    86.2 KB · Views: 664

chief21

Premium Subscriber
Summer - Western NC; Winter - Tampa Bay FL
Well, I don't know anything about this particular receiver. But after reading the data sheet, it appears that the receiver uses a wall-wart for power (7.5VDC @ 900 mA) and often the connector polarity is marked on the case near the power connector. Most products (but not all) use the center conductor for the positive (+) voltage. You could likely open the case to confirm this.

As to programming, the data sheet indicates that the receiver can be tuned to one of the seven 162 MHz weather channels. It is possible that the only programming required is for the desired SAME location codes.

Numerous Google searches for Warning Systems, Inc have come up empty, so you may be on your own. If you are able to figure out the DC power issue, I would imagine that you could get it working / programmed with some strategic / educated-guess button presses.

Good luck.

John AC4JK

byndhlptom

WSI DSP-300

I have it powered up and running. Spent several hours tracing circuits, etc.

They are using a 15p HD D connector for power, so non standard power input. lots of traces to pins. I think I've figured how to get battery b/u to work.

It is not too difficult to get running, just has features that I probably won't ever get working w/o a manual.

as you point out, the data sheet spec's a lot of things, but without details on the three rear connectors (power, Audio,relay), it is a challenge.

Will be keeping it for now. Was hopping someone had a manual out there.....

Thanks for the response......

K2RNI

Where can one buy one of these DSP-300 radios or similar industrial radio just like it? Looks pretty cool but can't find any purchase links.

Last edited:

chief21

Premium Subscriber
Summer - Western NC; Winter - Tampa Bay FL
I believe that Warning Systems, the provider of the DSP-300, is no longer in business. You might find something comparable on Google if you search for commercial warning receiver, commercial weather alert receiver, or similar language.

John AC4JK

K2RNI

I believe that Warning Systems, the provider of the DSP-300, is no longer in business. You might find something comparable on Google if you search for commercial warning receiver, commercial weather alert receiver, or similar language.

John AC4JK

Thanks, that's too bad. I did a search and turns out the NWS keeps a list of manufacturers for such things NOAA Weather Radio - Receiver Consumer Information

The Thunder Eagles look pretty nice, shame there's no internal battery like the DSP but an APC supply can fix that.

Status
Not open for further replies.