• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Warren, MI aircraft

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey I saw something over Hoover 12 mile area flying in the air for about 25 seconds before it went behind the tree that blocked me from seeing it then it disappeared. My friend that could see around the tree said it seemed to vanish. I would normally have thought it was a Helicopter because the light it had on it was bright like a spotlight, but we would have been able to hear the chopping of the blades. It wasn't an airplane either because we didn't hear an engine or a motor. We were close enough to it that we should have. It seemed to have a bright yellow orangish sort of light to it. I am now wondering if their was anything from Selfridge tonight around 11:10 that it could have been?

Probably a Life Flight helo landing at the hospital @ Hoover & 12 Mile. That's why it seemed to disappear. They will use that bright light to check the landing zone for any possible obstacles before landing. Depending on which way the helo was facing you, they can be pretty quite, if it's not coming directly at you.

No it was near their, But when we lost sight of it it was East of the hospital a good hundred or so feet from where the heli pad is on the roof. Definitely was not over the roof of the hospital or too close to it.

Yeah I know I it could have been a lot of things, I just thought it was strange to me so I put up this thread to ask if anybody saw anything like that flying in the area, and if it could have been something out of Selfridge. It could have been nothing, that is possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.