Warren, MI aircraft

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey I saw something over Hoover 12 mile area flying in the air for about 25 seconds before it went behind the tree that blocked me from seeing it then it disappeared. My friend that could see around the tree said it seemed to vanish. I would normally have thought it was a Helicopter because the light it had on it was bright like a spotlight, but we would have been able to hear the chopping of the blades. It wasn't an airplane either because we didn't hear an engine or a motor. We were close enough to it that we should have. It seemed to have a bright yellow orangish sort of light to it. I am now wondering if their was anything from Selfridge tonight around 11:10 that it could have been?

nodak1crdet3

Probably a Life Flight helo landing at the hospital @ Hoover & 12 Mile. That's why it seemed to disappear. They will use that bright light to check the landing zone for any possible obstacles before landing. Depending on which way the helo was facing you, they can be pretty quite, if it's not coming directly at you.

No it was near their, But when we lost sight of it it was East of the hospital a good hundred or so feet from where the heli pad is on the roof. Definitely was not over the roof of the hospital or too close to it.

CalebATC

Helicopters and planes are a whole lot quieter thank you think! It was probably a helicopter. Or maybe a firework or something? Maybe a flare. You never know!

Yeah I know I it could have been a lot of things, I just thought it was strange to me so I put up this thread to ask if anybody saw anything like that flying in the area, and if it could have been something out of Selfridge. It could have been nothing, that is possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.