Washington County 700MHz TRS Is On The Air

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim

Greetings...

I noticed this last week, but it appears like Washington County's 700MHz is on the radio. The Control Channel is 770.25625 (The system ID on my BC396xt shows "029Eh - 4822"). I havent heard any traffic on this system yet, although i am barely getting the control channel from home. I will try to take the uni-trunker on a little field trip up there soon to get better information.

I can't recall, but is this system suppose to be used in conjunction with the VHF P25 system or replace it entirely (Eventually). Also, is Ozaukee county going to be sharing the system with Washington County or will there be an ISSI interface between the two systems.

Tim

washradiotech

yo Tim!

Only one site of four on the air as of today. More to come online within the next few weeks. Eventually it will be passing traffic from vhf sites simultaneously.

Should see a NAC change coming down the stream soon.

Remeber these sites will be P25 PhaseII linear simulcast.

Oz will be linked in via issi.

Take care

!

KD4YGG

Database Admin
Is the plan to convert Ozaukee County to P25, reference end of support for EDACS by Harris?

Any timeline?

wirr

Database Admin
Is the plan to convert Ozaukee County to P25, reference end of support for EDACS by Harris?

Any timeline?

Ozaukee County is in the midst of the multi year project to migrate to a new P25 trunking system. The 12/05/16 Radio Committee report talked about a 3 year transition, beginning with consoles, then infrastructure, and then subscribers.

a1emt

Premium Subscriber
I was up in the Germantown area the other day and tried to monitor the 700 MHz system. Didn't hear any voice traffic or even a control channel. Anyone hearing anything on the 700 MHz side? Trying to rule out a programming error on my end. THX

KD4YGG

Database Admin
Any status update on the 700Mhz Washington County system?

Also any status update on the Ozaukee County P25 conversion scheduled for Q1 of 2019?

wirr

Database Admin
The Washington 700 system is in testing.
Municipal police dispatch talkgroups are playing on it.
The VHF system is now showing as an adjacent/neighbor site.

Tim118

Premium Subscriber
I'm new to scanning digital trunking.. do I need to scan both the VHF and 700mhz? Or just the 700mhz now? Mainly interested in Germantown. Thank you!

WIscannerguy24

Premium Subscriber
I was in the area of West Bend and had my BCD325P2 scanner with me and I was getting traffic on it, it appeared to be traffic from the VHF P25 system patched into the 700mhz system

K9EMD

Premium Subscriber
Any status update on the 700Mhz Washington County system?

Also any status update on the Ozaukee County P25 conversion scheduled for Q1 of 2019?

Dispatch Consoles are in at Ozaukee Sheriff(6) so far and running and being adjusted as issues arise. Cedarburg and Mequon last I heard possibly February install.

I apologize but I'm new to all of this stuff and trying to learn as much as I can as I go. I currently have a Uniden SDS100 and can pick up almost all broadcasts on 771.25625 and 155.250 in Washington Co. with the stock antenna depending on my location.

I have two questions:
1. Are the current 700mHz and VHF frequencies co located and do they currently broadcast simultaneously?
2. Is the 700mHz going to phase out the VHF?

I'm planning on upgrading my antenna but I don’t know what frequency to aim for since there seems to be two frequencies broadcasted currently. Even if I hold on the West Bend PD talk group, for example, I can see the scanner switching between the 700mHz and VHF. I guess I’m not 100% sure what’s going on. Thanks!

Railcon51

I apologize but I'm new to all of this stuff and trying to learn as much as I can as I go. I currently have a Uniden SDS100 and can pick up almost all broadcasts on 771.25625 and 155.250 in Washington Co. with the stock antenna depending on my location.

I have two questions:
1. Are the current 700mHz and VHF frequencies co located and do they currently broadcast simultaneously?
2. Is the 700mHz going to phase out the VHF?

I'm planning on upgrading my antenna but I don’t know what frequency to aim for since there seems to be two frequencies broadcasted currently. Even if I hold on the West Bend PD talk group, for example, I can see the scanner switching between the 700mHz and VHF. I guess I’m not 100% sure what’s going on. Thanks!

To best answer this you might want to get a multiband antenna for your needs as the 700Mhz is just an overlay for better coverage as far as the vhf side of things.

To best answer this you might want to get a multiband antenna for your needs as the 700Mhz is just an overlay for better coverage as far as the vhf side of things.
Any recommendations? I currently have the the Spectrum Force on my car and it seems to work pretty well. I'm just looking for something a little more portable like a Diamond or a Remtronix.

Railcon51

Any recommendations? I currently have the the Spectrum Force on my car and it seems to work pretty well. I'm just looking for something a little more portable like a Diamond or a Remtronix.
I have an opeck model AM-109 bnc minimag that I use it has a bnc female on top that you can use a stock bnc antenna so its pretty good for my use otherwise I use a diamond RH-77CA since my uniden bcd 325p2 uses a bnc. glad I could help you out if I was able to :)

Status
Not open for further replies.