Washington County to go Digital

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gilligan

Database Admin
So the way it looks, I'm going to have to get a 396 after all....and then hope they don't encrypt everything. Oh well, better than ProVoice!

Last edited:

Gilligan

Database Admin
They have now backed up the schedule. The details are available in PDF format here. It will be a UHF 10-site digital system. They still have to build three more towers. The FCC license is http://wireless2.fcc.gov/UlsApp/UlsSearch/license.jsp?licKey=2446787 (RR link is here).

Also, there is a new license up for interoperability on the standard VHF & UHF interoperability freqs. I would not look for the VHF activity any time soon, but once that UHF digital system comes online, I would bet they'll learn how to use the UHF interop freqs for simplex and such.

James04TJ

Interesting that they have licensed VHF and UHF NPSPAC channels but not 800MHz.

troymail

Silent Key
spanner said:
I saw that too!

With the way this county does things, I bet its 10 years before it happens!

Carl

...you can substitute <any County name> in place of <this> ...

We here in central Maryland have been going digital for years.... still waiting. I've already bought two digital-capable scanners and there will probably be a newer model out before we finally go digital...when the BC-250 (with a separately available digital card at extra cost) came out, I thought- maybe I'll wait. Then the BC-296 came out and our system switched over to new frequencies and talk-groups (we were already a TRS so you'd think the next major step after announcing would be to digital)... so I went ahead and got the 296... the BC-396 has now been out for 2 years and I got one of the lowest serial numbers ---

We're still analog.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.