Washington DC and Northern Virginia Help...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greg250k

Premium Subscriber
I just bought a Uniden BCD436HP and have added much of the database for DC area to several lists. I would like to know which systems/agencies are now encrypted and unable to be listened to. I don's seem to pick up much traffic from DC police, Capitol Police and I seem to only get partial transmissions from Park Police.

Any help or advice would be welcome. I'm interested in DC and Northern Virginia. Not necessarily Maryland (although I have Andrews AFB frequencies programmed)

Thanks!

ecarvalho

DC police is only clear on Citywide and some Spare TGs. Nothing interesting.
If you want busy traffic DC Fire is always active.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Greg250k

Premium Subscriber
Thanks! Haven'd had a scanner in a while and seems most everything is encrypted around here...

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
At least for the trunking stuff, the database will tell you if something is encrypted or not. There will be an 'E' after the mode letter. See this entry for an example

https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=7508

If you have Javascript enabled, if you point to the column header, a balloon will show up to tell you the various meanings used for codes in that column

Mike

Greg250k

Premium Subscriber
Thanks!

This list is very helpful. To anyone's knowledge, do they ever turn off the encryption during certain events?

Status
Not open for further replies.