Washington Township - Bergen County

Status
Not open for further replies.
Washington Township PD officers on duty this morning were advised to "switch over to the new channels." Have they gone NJICS as was previously rumored, moved to P25, or just changed frequencies? Anyone know for sure?

665_NJ

Scanner enthusiast
Premium Subscriber
:unsure: Now members have to monitor either the WO Simulcast site and or the Ramapo Site and perhaps also the Alpine site for the new Talk Groups.:cool: Thanks

mondaro

Feed Provider
I was working today EMS and passed the Washington Twp Fire Department and got to speak with a firefighter who also works for PD, Fire and PD are in test mode with NJICS right now no decision has been made what they're going to do he did indicate they have had good coverage within there testing, I asked him if the county system is still on the table he told me that everything is still on the table, the guys where very nice. - Tony

I was working today EMS and passed the Washington Twp Fire Department and got to speak with a firefighter who also works for PD, Fire and PD are in test mode with NJICS right now no decision has been made what they're going to do he did indicate they have had good coverage within there testing, I asked him if the county system is still on the table he told me that everything is still on the table, the guys where very nice. - Tony

I listen to Washington Township's PD, FD, and EMS frequencies regularly. Their current radio performance issues seem to be isolated to the PD repeater. A large percentage of messages from PD officers result in the dispatcher saying that he/she could not understand what was said. However, most often I can clearly hear what was broadcast from the officer. Which leads me to believe that they're employing a multi receiver system, and the audio selected by the voting comparator is being fed to the repeater output, but not to the dispatcher's console. The most problematic geographic area in their community is the valley along which the Garden State Parkway runs. Not sure how NJICS is going to cover that hole.

Alarmguy

Former Alarm Guy, turned Radio guy
Premium Subscriber
Anyone have an update on this? PD is still using their VHF analog repeater and there's been no move by either FD or EMS either. What happened to their plan to use NJICS?
They are about to spend 6 Million on a new firehouse/Ambulance building, doubt they are doing much radio upgrading.

mondaro

Feed Provider
I watch there township meetings every month on FIOS 1 - the township is tripping their own feet just on the firehouse alone - they did mention months ago they were testing the state system and they wanted to test with the county and that was the end of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.