Washington Twp (Bergen County)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mondaro

Feed Provider
Hello,

listening to the Washington Twp (Bergen County) council meeting it was said the the Township we start testing on a new emergency
communications radios this week, does anyone have any information on this, are they aiming for the county or the state system.

I was also told that some northeast Bergen County towns like Haworth and Closter will be going on the county system
shortly does anyone have any information on this.

Thanks.

Alarmguy

Former Alarm Guy, turned Radio guy
Premium Subscriber
Hello,

listening to the Washington Twp (Bergen County) council meeting it was said the the Township we start testing on a new emergency
communications radios this week, does anyone have any information on this, are they aiming for the county or the state system.

I was also told that some northeast Bergen County towns like Haworth and Closter will be going on the county system

Thanks.
I did hear Haworth testing on County PD Dispatch 4 1204 the other day, they I'd as Car 1 to communications with a 26XXXX ID.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

jvdet

Closter area towns starting to transition to the County Trunk system
Northvale is now on, Harrington PK , Closter waiting for radios to be installed also Tenafly has a unit on the system - mainly for interops TG's

Washington Township PD's current radio system is the worst of the many I listen to on a daily basis. More often than not, the dispatcher asks mobile and portable units to repeat transmissions because he/she can't understand what was said. However, many times I'm able to hear exactly what was said, which leads me to believe that the receiver audio being selected by as "best" by their voting receiver comparator is not being directed to the dispatch console, but is being fed to the repeater's output. Go figure.

With regard to their possible move to the Bergen County Public Safety trunked system (and the recent moves by many Northern Valley municipalities), I find it odd that these moves are taking place now since the County will soon be converting to a 700 MHz trunked system due to the T-Band Giveback initiative. Why buy new radios now when you're going to need new ones in less than 5 years??????????

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
With regard to their possible move to the Bergen County Public Safety trunked system (and the recent moves by many Northern Valley municipalities), I find it odd that these moves are taking place now since the County will soon be converting to a 700 MHz trunked system due to the T-Band Giveback initiative. Why buy new radios now when you're going to need new ones in less than 5 years??????????
  1. No one knows what will actually happen with the T-Band giveback. Most agencies are taking a "wait and see" approach. Rather than potentially wasting a ton of money building out a new system should the giveback never actually get enforced, they will simply make the FCC force them to move if it comes to that.
  2. If agencies are buying APX 8x00 radios with UHF and 700/800 enabled, then they're not wasting money. Even if the giveback happens, there are still going to be plenty of channels between 450-470 MHz that the radios will be perfectly useful for. Multi-band radios = no need for new ones in less than 5 years. ;)

1. No one knows what will actually happen with the T-Band giveback. Most agencies are taking a "wait and see" approach. Rather than potentially wasting a ton of money building out a new system should the giveback never actually get enforced, they will simply make the FCC force them to move if it comes to that.

Bergen County is already building out their 700 MHz system.

Alarmguy

Former Alarm Guy, turned Radio guy
Premium Subscriber
  2. If agencies are buying APX 8x00 radios with UHF and 700/800 enabled, then they're not wasting money. Even if the giveback happens, there are still going to be plenty of channels between 450-470 MHz that the radios will be perfectly useful for. Multi-band radios = no need for new ones in less than 5 years. ;)
I know for a fact Midland Park has APX8000s, not sure if they are programmed for 700/800 in addition to VHF and UHF. A friend of mine had a brief chance to glance at one and fumble through some of it by an officers permission.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Bergen County is already building out their 700 MHz system.
Yes, I am well aware of that. I'm speaking more broadly for others in the area, such as Morris County. Anyway, my point #2 and Alarmguy's confirmation is the larger point, that the APX 8x00 series will work on either band if spec'd out appropriately.

Hello,

Thanks.

Maybe they're doing what Ridgewood, Glen Rock, Ho-Ho-Kus, Allendale, Mahwah, and Ramsey did - P25 on same frequencies.

ht396jm

Premium Subscriber
Closter area towns starting to transition to the County Trunk system
Northvale is now on, Harrington PK , Closter waiting for radios to be installed also Tenafly has a unit on the system - mainly for interops TG's

Are Northvale and Harrington Park using an existing talkgroup? I haven't had any new TG's appear

mondaro

Feed Provider
It was discussed this evening's council meeting the Fire Department of Washington Twp (Bergen County) is testing on the State of NJICS radio system, can someone with the software take a like to see what TG they can be testing on. Boro says they will be testing it until mid March.

Status
Not open for further replies.