Watch the Android/Amazon Stores for Siren

Status
Not open for further replies.

trido

Retired
Premium Subscriber
fast in play store now version1.0.0

Can any andriod owners download and report how it is working so far.

trido

Last edited:

KevinC

Big Dog...celebrating 10 years of abuse!
Super Moderator
Obviously I'm doing something wrong...both my Samsung S4 and S5 are stuck at "connecting".

The RH-536HP app and VLC both connect to my 536 just fine on the laptop.

trido

Retired
Premium Subscriber
wont connect on three dif devices for me.

Obviously I'm doing something wrong...both my Samsung S4 and S5 are stuck at "connecting".

The RH-536HP app and VLC both connect to my 536 just fine on the laptop.

Last edited:

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
Yeah, it's not connecting for me either. I've confirmed my scanner's wifi is working (my PC can connect to it), and the phone has been rebooted just in case that was an issue - no go.

KevinC

Big Dog...celebrating 10 years of abuse!
Super Moderator
You'd think they would have made triple sure this was working properly before releasing it. Unless we're all doing the same thing wrong.:confused:

garys

Premium Subscriber
I've set my 536HP up in Access Point Mode, set the IP address in Siren and tried to connect with no luck. I followed the set up instructions in the manual.

I think we need some guidance from UPMan here. Or maybe one of the beta testers can tell us how they did it.

trido

Retired
Premium Subscriber
The app developers have been made aware of the issue.

jeff
QUOTE=garys;2625030]I've set my 536HP up in Access Point Mode, set the IP address in Siren and tried to connect with no luck. I followed the set up instructions in the manual.

I think we need some guidance from UPMan here. Or maybe one of the beta testers can tell us how they did it.[/QUOTE]

henrygb

Tried with no luck,
Infrastructure mode: 192.168.2.105 (local ip scanner), ping response from scanner to android device, but Siren only try to connect.
RH-536HP_mkII in a pc in same network can connect to scanner. Tried only one device at same time

Acces point mode: 192.168.1.1 (local ip scanner), Siren only try to connect.

Wi-Fi Dongle firmware: 7.28
Scanner version: 1.11.16

Android version: 4.2.2

Last edited:

scanboyca

A bumpy release

Yahoo! Siren for Android is finally here. Pop open that bottle of champagne you've had on ice since spring 2014.

Like others have experienced, I too cannot get Siren to connect to my BCD536HP. I have Wifi dongle v7.28 and am running scanner version v1.10.02. Running Siren on a Motorola X (1st gen) Android version 5.1.

I have noticed that if I run the original Uniden RH-536HP mkII software on my Win7 laptop it connects just fine. I have also noticed that the mkII software kind of stops and jerks along if I also try to connect via Siren so it appears the Android app is doing something.

I don't quite understand why the Siren app needs Identity permission. Perhaps Uniden can clue us in on that.

I'm hopeful that Uniden will sort this out and post instructions or an updated Siren version soon.

scandoggy

Premium Subscriber
can't connect siren app to android phone

BCD536HP locates my network, connects, and obtains IP address. Enter IP address into siren app and the app just sits on "connecting" and nothing further happens.

trido

Retired
Premium Subscriber
The new update version 1.0.1 is up in play store.It is working now. What i had to do was delete old version then download 1.0.1.But it is working.

scanboyca

It is ALIVE

The new update version 1.0.1 is up in play store.It is working now. What i had to do was delete old version then download 1.0.1.But it is working.

Yes, Siren v1.0.1 is working for me now. Cool.

Alarmguy

Former Alarm Guy, turned Radio guy
Premium Subscriber
Working like a charm. Only issue was my Wifi settings were blank with no IP assigned. Ran the setup and all was well. I had previously been using VLC player with no issues.

W8VI

Also working great here and reallyike the signal strength number indicator.

Phone is Galaxy S5 and volume to the phones speaker is very low compared to other App's. Anyone else noticing that the volume out of the App is low?

scandoggy

Premium Subscriber
Uniden Siren app - must have latest version

I uninstalled version 1.0 app from earlier, reinstalled new version now (Play Store) and all is working now! Change your search when you look for it so it doesn't bring up the old version. I found it by just entering "uniden" and then scrolled to find it. Works great! Very responsive and sound through the phone as well.

Now if this can be used as Direct Access Point rather than IP over the wifi network then it would be great in a vehicle. Much better display and the scanner can be remote located. If anyone is using it that way please advise.

garys

Premium Subscriber
I have it set up in infrastructure mode through my router and it works very well. I want to run this in my truck, which I think requires access mode. Only I can't get a connection in AP mode. I put in the IP address, but get a "no scanner found at that address" error message.

Has anyone succeeded with AP mode?

Much better display. At first I didn't think that Siren showed trunk site information, but it does. That's one thing that I really liked better about the 436 display.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.