• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

watch yourselves with ups!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

joetnymedic

from messages in this section you all have seen that Randy and I are having a problem with a scanner I recieved which Randy and I did a swawp for. Randy got my item and I recieved Randy's but the box was mangled by UPS. Randy and I have both been goin through UPS and Randy is working to make good on the scanner for me So my problem is really not with him. The problem here lies with UPS. So we both get on the horn with them and they play the blame game and then it's repackage the item in the original box and send it to us so we can inspect it and then say it's broken to blah,blah,blah. Well we did that and UPS picked it up. ran a check on it today and the inspectors at UPS refused to take the package because the box was damaged (duh, they smashed it 1st time around and said to send it in the original packaging back to them for inspection). So anyways, take a look from their own website. Tracking info. They refused the package they damaged and refused to inspect it. Hence when UPS loses stuff or damages stuff, for your own info/memories please remember what's going on here because I don't want to see anyone else go through problems like we are. That is why I am posting this here and not a pm to someone. I want all of you to be aware of what can happen so it doesn't happen to you.

Joe Track by Tracking Number
View Details

Return To: CLAREMORE, OK, US
Shipped or Billed on: 08/07/2006

Tracking Number: 1Z W68 R10 03 6914 216 8
Service Type: GROUND
Weight: 7.00 Lbs

Package Progress:

Location Date Local Time Activity
ORANGE, CT, US 08/16/2006 8:48 P.M. THE RECEIVER DID NOT WANT THE ORDER AND REFUSED THIS DELIVERY;PACKAGE RETURNED TO SENDER
ORANGE, CT, US 08/15/2006 9:10 P.M. DESTINATION SCAN
08/15/2006 12:20 P.M. PACKAGE REPORTED PICKED UP
08/15/2006 12:20 P.M. PICKUP SCAN
ORANGE, CT, US 08/14/2006 10:44 A.M. DAMAGE INSPECTION SCHEDULED
ORANGE, CT, US 08/11/2006 12:27 P.M. DELIVERY
08/11/2006 6:58 A.M. OUT FOR DELIVERY
08/11/2006 1:21 A.M. ARRIVAL SCAN
STRATFORD, CT, US 08/11/2006 1:11 A.M. DEPARTURE SCAN
STRATFORD, CT, US 08/10/2006 1:40 P.M. ARRIVAL SCAN
EARTH CITY, MO, US 08/08/2006 9:39 P.M. DEPARTURE SCAN
08/08/2006 7:35 A.M. ARRIVAL SCAN
TULSA, OK, US 08/07/2006 9:39 P.M. DEPARTURE SCAN
08/07/2006 8:05 P.M. ORIGIN SCAN
US 08/07/2006 6:47 P.M. BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED

Tracking results provided by UPS: 08/16/2006 10:37 P.M. Eastern Time (USA)

NOTICE: UPS authorizes you to use UPS tracking systems solely to track shipments tendered by or for you to UPS for delivery and for no other purpose. Any other use of UPS tracking systems and information is strictly prohibited.

NeFire242

So you signed for the item knowing the box was damaged? Why didn't you refuse it? Just curious. That may have been easier in the long run.

Keep us updated as to how this turns out.

Woodstock

I've received damaged packages from UPS before. One time the box looked like someone kicked it. I've never had an item broken, but if that day ever comes customer service is gonna hear about it. I'll keep the inspection thing in mind if it ever happens to me.

maalox

Woodstock said:
I've received damaged packages from UPS before. One time the box looked like someone kicked it. I've never had an item broken, but if that day ever comes customer service is gonna hear about it. I'll keep the inspection thing in mind if it ever happens to me.
how about insuring it next time.

joetnymedic

oh I didn't sign for it, the driver tossed it on my porch and was leaving before I even made it to the door. I'm sure he saw the damage to the box as you couldn't miss it and didn't want to be bothered with questions, etc. It's not the first time they've tossed boxes on my front porch, although it is the first time I've got anything damaged from them and in my opinion, they don't handle things too well once the damage happens, it's all downhill from there

joetnymedic

btw, maalox, as i was the reciever, i didn't have control over insuring it, however randy said it was insured and the ups store says it wasn't - i think the more important thing at issue here is the handling of the packages and the handling of claims and issues if something arises. it comes down to if you crewed up fix the problem thats all, don't duck it

safetyobc

The UPS guy that delivers to my house is such a jerk. I have caught him throwing my packages down on numerous occasions. And, where I live, they don't require you to sign for it, they just leave it.

He has thrown down several items my wife has ordered and about 3 or 4 scanners! Thankfully they were well packaged from Uniden. It pisses me off so bad when I am in the kitchen and hear a loud POP when the box hits the concrete!!!

I feel for you guys. Hopefully UPS will make it right. I would write a letter to the highest person I could find an address for. Then cc the letter to 2 or 3 other people!

Woodstock

maalox said:
how about insuring it next time.
UPS automatically insures for up to $100 and I have never received anything from UPS that was much higher than $100. Also, I never felt it was worth the hassle for a dented box. If the item is ever damaged, then I would do something about it

WayneH

Forums Veteran
Super Moderator
The purpose of the Feedback forum is for providing feedback regarding other users which you have had a transaction with from the For Sale or Wanted Forums, nothing else. All else goes in the Tavern.

MOVED...

-Wayne

evilklown

Well i use to work for the company as a sorter, wow i dont want to give alot because i dont want to get in trouble but its some things i saw was nothing nice. i could only imagine how many people have gotten broken or damaged things.

maalox

so whats the verdict. what are we going to use to ship radios. i dont like priority mail you can not track it like you can ups fed ex or dhl.

joetnymedic

Not sure about you guys, but I'm using Fed Ex from now on. And what got UPS going was when I was on the phone with this problem and I told them what was going on was unacceptable, then I got this bunch of mumbo, jumbo from the call taker so I was like, ya know what, let me just cancel my account. Then they forward me to the department that does cancelations, and the person asks me why so I tell them all about what happened. They offer me all kinds of things which I'm not going to get into here, but the fact was- not one of them was either fixing or replacing the scanner, so I was like uh no just cancel the account. Then they tell me I can't cancel my account- which made me literally LOL. So I was like oh so I can't cancel the account - so like OK I'll just use alternate shippers. They are a big joke. Oh Gee like are ya gonna hold a gun to my head to ship with you. What a bunch of idiots. I can't cancel my account - yeah ok. Fed Ex is a bit more expensive sometimes but on ground and even next day- on alot of things I've sent they were even a little cheaper. When I sent my scanner into Uniden for repair Fed Ex was actually about 3 bucks cheaper ground than UPS was. I think UPS wanted like 11 change and Fed Ex was like just a hair over 9 bucks-like 9.03 UPS was like 11.76 or something like that. Only thiong was at the time I didn't have an account so I had to pay cash, oh well. such is life. Uniden has some strange thing goin on with usps. They ship the package DHL to your local post office then the post office delivers the package the rest of the way. That whole thing struck me as a bit odd as here's the package going dhl but you can't track because it's in the post offices hand. you get it was shipped and it was delivered but no in btwn stuff. maybe it's just a cheaper way to ship-who knows.

Joe
ps- supposably UPS is going to call me after 10am today to let me know why the package was refused, etc - I can't wait to here this line of crap

cschmit

Yea I have moved to FedEx with all my shipments. I had sent a pair of Bose Tri-port headphones back to Bose for a warrenty replacement. Bose sent the replacement ones out and I was to have them in 3 days. 4 days later I check tracking and according to it my headphones were still on the shipping dock at UPS. I called Bose right away and they overnighted another pair to me through FedEx.

Bose had to do some diging to figure out what happend and I got calls from both them and UPS trying to figure out if the original pair every made it to me which they never did. When it was all finalized Bose called me back and told me it looked like the headphonse may have been stolen off the UPS dock. Not surprising since the box Bose sent them in had a picture and name of the product on the outside. This is the second time something like this happend to me with shipping through UPS....

nova1010

shipping

I have always shipped Express post through Canada Post with no problems,if someone wants UPS I have no problems shipping through them either,never had a damaged packed from either postal service.......yet. :) but then again I usually pack my radios real well,they can play football all they want,box might be damaged but I can almost guarantee the contents will be fine.:)

buffalogoat

Having been on both sides of the UPS fence as a UPS employee & in shipping & receiving for a company that uses UPS exclusively, I can tell you that UPS does alot of things the public does'nt know about! They ship the most packages of any carrier in the world... But they also lose & damage the most packages of any carrier in the world! If a package gets damaged or opened in transit, they will simply wrap some tape around it and send it back out regardless of whether items are broken or missing! In some cases, they will even "re-package" the item in another box & re-label it without even knowing what all was supposed to be in the original package! Also, it is difficult for a non-commercial or "private" shipper without an account to win a claim with UPS.
Bottom line... If the item is very valuable or fragile DON'T use UPS. If you have no other choice, pack it well & insure it for at least 1 1/2 times the highest retail price you can find for that item & get pictures of the item before it goes in the box. Although more expensive, FEDEX has a much better record of safe package handling & delivery.

NeFire242

joetnymedic said:
They ship the package DHL to your local post office then the post office delivers the package the rest of the way.
This is because the postal service knows their biggest problem is in-transit times, and for them to guarantee delivery times for some things like Express mail and Priority mail they find it cheaper and easier in the long run to by pass sorting facilities and to have DHL route the packages closer to their destination and then have DHL deposit them to the closest postal facility for delivery.

You can learn more about the process here, http://www.smartmail.com/home.asp

ReceiverBeaver

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
And for UPS package inspection before acceptance, have the sender ship it as SIGNATURE REQUIRED. This does cost an extra dollar or two but at least you'll get the chance to inspect and refuse. They won't be able to just drop it off and leave.

Always double box and well cushion and seal all fragiles and valuables.

good luck

maalox

hi.. now i am going to agree ups stinks. i ordered a case for a radio . it was suppose to arrive today never came. lady said it was loaded on the wrong truck. i am convinced i will never order with ups again unless its overnight delivery

joetnymedic

Oh here we go (at least Randy will see this) UPS inspected (opened and plugged in the radio and it powered up). I get a call from UPS today that they "inspected" the radio today. Charla, from UPS says as we were able to power up the radio, we don't understand how it can be broken.I'm like hello the unit turns on and off, it doesn't recieve anything , including a weather station that my portables can recieve without an antenna. I never said the radio didn't power up, I said it doesn't work. I get gee, that's not our area of expertise, we're going to have to ship it back to the shipper so he can tell us if the unit is broken or not. On top of that per their records, Randy won't even have the unit until 8/23. Not only did I tell them I think this is crap, because of course Randy is going to say the radio doesn't work, but when I said, they are making out and now the guy is paying to ship a package twice and that the shipping should be either waived on the 2nd package or reimbursed because they damaged the scanner, I was told that he paid for the package to be delivered and they delivered the package. Talk about screwin the pooch. I am in awe. Talk about being idiots, hello, ya broke the darn thing it's going back because ya broke it, maybe this is how they recover some of the money they lose being incompetent. So not only do I feel bent because here it is another week without the radio, but I feel sorry for Randy, because he's getting the run around just like I am. God I wish i was rinning UPS all that money coming in and so what about the customers, just let em get screwed. BTW, Maalox, lets see if you get some type of refund, adjustment for your package not being delivered overnight like ya paid for. I can hear it now, "but it was out for delivery overnight, just not that overnight, What's the big deal he got it and he didn't even have to pay for the extra gas we used on the wrong truck driving it aound."

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.