Waterbury Fire Ground Channels

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkB513

While in Waterbury yesterday I was surprised to hear their 854.3375 (DPL 116) active during an incident. I guess I made the wrong assumption they stopped using these once they switched over to their digital trunk system. They were communicating with dispatch "Waterbury" and I was even more surprised it was analog, not digital. Anyone know how these are setup? Are they tied to the fire talk group on the trunk system? I realize it's an on scene mobile repeater which is low power, so they must have been close by.

firerick100

Premium Subscriber
Mark
I can answer your question,that frequency is fireground 2. There are 3 fireground channels which are not linked to the trunk system, what happens is they get dispatched on the trunk system and if it's a call such as an alarm or fire,Mva extrication etc they are told to go to fg 1,2 or 3,if it's a call that last a few minutes or longer and your in the area you will hear them talking on that channel. If you were hearing chatter yesterday between 930 am and 10 30 am you were hearing them at the scene of a major extrication call on Meriden rd on the Wolcott line.
I am surprised they are using them 3 fireground channels because they have a few channels assigned to them on the digital system it may be because on the digital system we may be able to hear them on fireground channels.

cg

Premium Subscriber
I don't know if they changed it with the new system, but the assignment of fireground channels was based on which apparatus was assigned. This was because of the Futurecom mobile repeaters on certain Truck companies.

chris

MarkB513

I was thinking they must be stationary low power repeaters, not mobile repeaters, especially since the communications I heard was analog. Is each one used in a specific area of the city or by certain fire stations?

Thanks,

Status
Not open for further replies.