Watertown Police???

Status
Not open for further replies.

DecAnt21

I know Watertown, New York police are now digital but is it just digital or are they using encryption now. ALll I hear is a garbled transmission there isn't any noise that even sounds like a person talking does this mean encryption? Please help.

SteveC0625

Order of the Golden Dino since 1972
Premium Subscriber
I know Watertown, New York police are now digital but is it just digital or are they using encryption now. ALll I hear is a garbled transmission there isn't any noise that even sounds like a person talking does this mean encryption? Please help.

If you would look in the database for Jefferson County, you would see that Watertown PD's new UHF frequency is not just digital, but P25 digital. Your scanner has to be capable of receiving P25 to monitor them.

MegaHertz315

Premium Subscriber
453.4250 NAC293 digital, in the clear. didn't hear any signs of being encrypt at any point of listening

Last edited:

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
453.4250 NAC293 digital, in the clear. didn't hear any signs of being encrypt at any point of listening

DB updated, thanks for the info.

Is Fire still using any of those VHF frequencies, or have they moved over to UHF also?

DecAnt21

I haven't heard any activity on the new fire frequency. I still have an analog scanner though and its going to be a few months until I can afford to upgrade. I just bought a Yaesu VX-7R

73, KC2YOU

shockhazard69

Feed Provider
DB updated, thanks for the info.

Is Fire still using any of those VHF frequencies, or have they moved over to UHF also?

Fire is still using lowband as well as a bunch of crossband VHF repeaters. Watertown Police and Fire are the only agencies that have switched to UHF. Fire has theirs linked with their old VHF frequency. Sheriffs have dual band radios in their cars and have gone to narrow band on their VHF Freq.

Status
Not open for further replies.