Watervliet PD

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

DaveNF2G

Does anyone know what the notation "SL *" means in this RRDB listing?

453.70000 KEB550 RM CC 1 Wvlt PD Disp Police Dispatch DMR Law Dispatch
TG 900
SL *

AFAIK, this channel is no longer in use since the move to the Albany County P25 system.

EDIT: I tried to keep the column alignment intact but the forum software won't allow it. TG900 and SL * appear directly under CC 1 in the DB.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Correct, SL indicates the DMR TDMA slot.

* is a wildcard. Any time you see a * for the TG (talkgroup) or SL (slot), it means none was provided.

D

DaveNF2G

Ah, okay. Thanks for the clarification. A local ham who lives in Watervliet told me this morning that there is some kind of noise on that channel that his DMR receiver cannot decode. WPD might be using it as an encrypted TAC. I'll park DSDPlus on it again and see what I see.

FDNY10-75

Database Admin
Ah, okay. Thanks for the clarification. A local ham who lives in Watervliet told me this morning that there is some kind of noise on that channel that his DMR receiver cannot decode. WPD might be using it as an encrypted TAC. I'll park DSDPlus on it again and see what I see.

They have an encrypted tac that they utilize (frequently) on the Albany County TRS.

D

DaveNF2G

Yes, they do. My guess is that the 453.700 signals are either some encrypted DMR for some city agency, or they are now transmitting P25 there, which my friend's DMR transceiver naturally will not decode.

D

DaveNF2G

I parked two receivers (an Icom R-7000 and an SDR) on 453.700 for over 24 hours this weekend, with DSDPlus running on the SDR. There was no traffic at all on the frequency. What my fellow ham might be hearing is intermod, I suppose.

Status
Not open for further replies.