Waukesha County Communications and Oconomowoc explosion

Status
Not open for further replies.

WIscannerguy24

Premium Subscriber
I was listening to the scanner yesterday when the explosion occurred in Oconomowoc and does WCC just have Oconomowoc dispatch center programed, I herd WCC talking to Oconomowoc dispatch center several times. It was very difficult to follow everything because it seemed everyone was using there tac channels and then the command channels. I know in the City of Waukesha where i am a reserve officer our dispatch center always calls WCC over the land line which doesn't make a lot of sense. You would think they could talk to each other over the radio to relay information. Just wondering what others think?

mkescan

joedadda2001 said:
I heard WCC talking to Oconomowoc dispatch center several times. It was very difficult to follow everything because it seemed everyone was using there tac channels and then the command channels.

I notice that a lot for fire mutual aid incidents,everyone on scene should be on whatever Com channel dispatch told them to switch over too,but a lot of firefighters are yacking on their Tac channels too much,and sometimes don't even hear command or firefighters from their own department calling them on the Com channel.

triryche

Premium Subscriber
yet another reason I find Waukesha Co. one of the most irritating to listen to on a scanner. Think I liked it better when they were on VHF with less choices.. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.