• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

WAVE with Trbo

Status
Not open for further replies.

mswensen

Anyone have any luck connecting to a wave server from an SL7550e or an XPR7550e?

I have an sl7550e and it makes reference to wave. in CPS and in the radio menus. the menus item called wave channels says "Not allowed" when clicked. but I don't see any features that need to be purchased.

in CPS there is a wave section under network. I put all my info in same as I use from my cell phone.(I made sure to log out of my cell phone)

I created a zone called wave and added some wave channels.

when I select the channel in the radio it just says connecting. (I am connected and online to a wifi network.)

Any ideas??

Thanks

Aaron_B

I actually got it to work on 2.7 FW however they have turned it off (server-side) with the release of 2.8FW meaning that feature has been disabled and if you want your radios to talk to your smartphones you will need a gateway again.

Firebuff880

I actually got it to work on 2.7 FW however they have turned it off (server-side) with the release of 2.8FW meaning that feature has been disabled and if you want your radios to talk to your smartphones you will need a gateway again.

@Aaron, not sure where you are. But the Wave client for Trbo made its debut in 2.8.0 / CPS 15 in the NA region.

@mswenSen - While I have looked at it a few times, Capacity Max an the new Enhanced Job Tickets have really been our focus. Maybe I will will go Vist this as a holiday project now that the updated CPS build is out. My Android based client seems to work fine so it will be interesting to see if I can make the two talk.

I am a little concerned that you loose All Trbo functionality when you go to the Wave mode.

Jeff

Aaron_B

@Aaron, not sure where you are. But the Wave client for Trbo made its debut in 2.8.0 / CPS 15 in the NA region.

@mswenSen - While I have looked at it a few times, Capacity Max an the new Enhanced Job Tickets have really been our focus. Maybe I will will go Vist this as a holiday project now that the updated CPS build is out. My Android based client seems to work fine so it will be interesting to see if I can make the two talk.

I am a little concerned that you loose All Trbo functionality when you go to the Wave mode.

Jeff

Firebuff you are right, it was rolled out in the 2.08.01 release (I think, I can never get these FW numbers down) and is set to be removed in the next release after that. I thought that it was already deactivated, however, I was wrong as I just tried it and I was able to talk to my phone via xpr7550e just through wifi and vice versa so I guess it has not been disabled yet.

As for your problem mswensen, in CPS you should have cloud WAVE server selected and when you go into the radio menu to select a channel, choose a channel and just sit on it for a while sometimes it takes a while to connect.

Firebuff880

@Aaron, have not heard any talk of this feature not being in 2.9. In fact I have heard that it along with the gateway will be strengthened an much more functional.

But 2.9 may be as muchl as 7 months out, so any thing at this point is just speculation..

mswensen

Thanks everyone I will keep poking around with it. I don't manage my wave server so I don't know if this is disabled on their side. as a point of reference I am trying this with an SL7550e not an XPR7550e

I thought it would work like this. I would use my connect plus system in normal instances but if I get into a sub-basement where I loose the tower I still have my corporate wifi. I figured I could switch to the wave zone and talk to the same people outside. I am doing this now with my iphone. I hit a certain point and the radio dies cause it looses the tower so I belt my radio and use my iphone and fire up the wave app and viola!!.

thought this would mean I could do it all from the same device.

thanks again. i'll update if I get it working.

TampaTyron

Beep Boop, Beep Boop
Premium Subscriber
When i set up my 7550e with our work Wave on cloud server, I had to configure one of the P1 or P2 buttons as "Wave channel select" or "channel select". Without this setting, I was getting weird error messages like my login info was not correct. The Channel select button allowed me to select the correct channel inside the wave on cloud channel on the radio. TT

TampaTyron

Beep Boop, Beep Boop
Premium Subscriber
Also, if using Wave on cloud, you have to setup server name as waveoncloud.com. Additionally, you must select the correct server type (Cloud or Enterprise). I looked up my codeplug and found my P2 button is set to WAVE channel list. You must also enable Wifi in the nework tab AND enter the correct wifi AP info. That should be almost everything for Wave on cloud. Good luck, I prefer Wave on cloud to an actual radio system. This says a lot as I have been installing and maintaining radio systems for over 20 years. TT

Status
Not open for further replies.