Way to combine antennas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

brandon

Database Admin
I have been considering a 3 antenna setup instead of trying to do it all with 1 antenna (like a discone).

I have a Comet GP-6NC (155/465 Model) on the way and have thought about getting an 800 MHz base antenna and another antenna for 30-42 MHz. Is there a way to combine all of these antennas so I can use them at the same time with a scanner? Or would I have to dedicate 1 scanner for lo-band, 1 for VHF/UHF and 1 for 800? I think it would be nice to use all 3 of these antennas at the same time on a single scanner. Can that be done? If so, what exactly do I need to make it work?

Al42

You could use a diplexer - a decent one shouldn't cost you more than $100 and some change - maybe $200. Read this thread. You'll need a 4 port - one for each antenna and one for the scanner.

gcgrotz

Blonder Tongue makes several models for the cable industry, good quality stuff. Check www.solidsignal.com and search the products for band separators. They are a little cheaper since they don't handle transmit power but they are 75 ohm (usually not a problem anyway).

Status
Not open for further replies.