Wayne Co. Sheriff Frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRamrod38

Does anyone know what Frequencies Wayne Co. Sheriff uses I can here dispatch on 460.275 but can not here the cars so I'm thinking they have another frequency for cars to dispatcher. Call Sign is WBZ356.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
WCSO uses a set of 3 repeaters countywide. You should be hearing both sides of the conversations just fine. Each repeater's input uses differing tones, but as far as I know should all use the same output tone. (Which we need to get added to the DB *hint, hint*).

The output freq is 460.2750 MHz, input is 465.2750 MHz. Should be narrowband FM.

They also have the mutual aid repeater 460.4000 MHz.

As far as I know, Wayne EMA is using DMR on it repeaters.

ka4bni

Feed Provider
Wayne County Sheriff, as many departments in West and Middle TN are, have gone to a Mototrbo UHF system so you will not be able to monitor them any more. We have taken them out of our radio codeplugs in our THP cars.

TRamrod38

Wayne County Sheriff, as many departments in West and Middle TN are, have gone to a Mototrbo UHF system so you will not be able to monitor them any more. We have taken them out of our radio codeplugs in our THP cars.

I can hear dispatch loud and clear but do not hear the cars so I'm thinking cars are on a different frequency altogether. I have entered 465.275 and nothing.

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
TY for the confirmation of DMR usage by the SO. Dispatch is apparently simulcasting in analog, but mobiles are pure digital. TRamrod38, Listen closely to the freq, and see if you hear an digital "growling" after the dispatch. Oh almost forgot, what type of scanner are you using?

TRamrod38

TY for the confirmation of DMR usage by the SO. Dispatch is apparently simulcasting in analog, but mobiles are pure digital. TRamrod38, Listen closely to the freq, and see if you hear an digital "growling" after the dispatch. Oh almost forgot, what type of scanner are you using?

I'm using a 996T and no there is no digital growling after dispatch. I have heard what a TRBO sounds like from another system but not any growling from the Wayne Co. Frequency. I just about know they are using another frequency for car to dispatch but do not know what it is.

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
Most likely they are on the EMA freqs, as they are all DMR, or mobiles are pure MDT now. What is the tone in use on the analog SO freq btw?

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
Try this repeater out and see if it is still active, and who is on it...

460.0750 MHz FMN

Its licensed to Waynesboro PD.. But may be in use by SO ??? If its in use at all.

TRamrod38

Try this repeater out and see if it is still active, and who is on it...

460.0750 MHz FMN

Its licensed to Waynesboro PD.. But may be in use by SO ??? If its in use at all.

Have not heard anything on this frequency had it programmed for a while and never heard anything on it for some time now.

tastycast

Shouldn't it be possible to use DSD? I wonder though if they're using unencrypted, conventional and non RAS. My scanner doesn't have a discriminator tap. It would be nice to know before I invested in a new scanner.

Thanks!

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
If it is conventional and not encrypted, you should be able to use DSD+ with some effectiveness to at least log the RAN's etc... If set up right, even monitor it. That or buy an NexEDGE radio and passively monitor it.... Just be aware of the things that can go wrong using an actual radio if you make any mistakes and end up TXing. All scanners have Tap Points you can solder wiring to, some are just very complex. The easiest by far being the RS PRO-92, and PRO-96. For the most part GRE made scanners are very user friendly on that end lol. Unidens,.. Not so much. ust takes an very good eye, and steady hands as the spots are small indeed.

Last edited by a moderator:

tastycast

If it is conventional and not encrypted, you should be able to use DSD+ with some effectiveness to at least log the RAN's etc... If set up right, even monitor it. That or buy an NexEDGE radio and passively monitor it.... Just be aware of the things that can go wrong using an actual radio if you make any mistakes and end up TXing. All scanners have Tap Points you can solder wiring to, some are just very complex. The easiest by far being the RS PRO-92, and PRO-96. For the most part GRE made scanners are very user friendly on that end lol. Unidens,.. Not so much. ust takes an very good eye, and steady hands as the spots are small indeed.

Thank you for the info. How can I find out the frequencies? I noticed a town over in Lawrence County, the TRBO frequencies are list, but not Wayne.

Status
Not open for further replies.