Wayne County System

Status
Not open for further replies.

yardbird

Just curious to find out what happened to Wayne County.

I notices about six months ago there was information in the data base for Wayne County constructing a 150 Mhz trunking system.

Now the trunking data has been deleted.

Just wandering if the system has been scraped and the county decided not to persue it.

David

scannerpro

good question, i dont know I knew they where going to have a trunking system. I think they are still going to go thru on it. However, I dont know why it has been removed from the database.

Not sure why the info was removed from here. Perhaps there were licensing issues. Wayne County is still going through with their VHF trunking system. They have a loan for something like 9.9 million for the entire system, back room equipment and radios for all fire, EMS and law enforcement in the county.

Sheesh, I wish they would just stick to what they have, just update it with newer equipment, or go with an 800 trunk system. When I left Wayne County 11 years ago, the county fire, ems and sheriff dispatch was still in the county admin buidling, and they only had two positions, one for fire & ems, and the other for the sheriff's deptartment, and they were still using their old Motorola Centracom II consoles. Man, I have pushed a few buttons on that thing in my time there....

I'm waiting to get more info on this system, as I frequent Wayne County since I still have family there...

Robbyboy

Cat Herder
Wayne County TRS

I saw the VHF Trunking license WQHJ229 has had an extension requested and granted. This was only about 5 months ago asking to have an extension for buildout be granted until 31 Oct 09. The reason they listed was funding issues:roll:. Apparently they got the money now and are moving foward. Suprised they got anything since it appears that VIPER is the legacy system that will get grants thrown at an agency easily. But thats just my observation.

Not sure why the info was removed from here. Perhaps there were licensing issues. Wayne County is still going through with their VHF trunking system. They have a loan for something like 9.9 million for the entire system, back room equipment and radios for all fire, EMS and law enforcement in the county.

Sheesh, I wish they would just stick to what they have, just update it with newer equipment, or go with an 800 trunk system. When I left Wayne County 11 years ago, the county fire, ems and sheriff dispatch was still in the county admin buidling, and they only had two positions, one for fire & ems, and the other for the sheriff's deptartment, and they were still using their old Motorola Centracom II consoles. Man, I have pushed a few buttons on that thing in my time there....

I'm waiting to get more info on this system, as I frequent Wayne County since I still have family there...

K4ASJ

Premium Subscriber
yes, they are still planning on having the system. the funding has just been recently approved and the towers will be built in the near future.

RohnsRadio

Premium Subscriber
hey nozman,
do you remember when central was in the basement of the courthouse? it was in a room so small you had to go out in the hall to change your mind lol. they had the county switchboard also.

ok i will stop before i give away how old i am lol.

Yes Rohn, I do remember that....I may not be all that old, but I do remember lots of things.

Wayne County had some old equipment, but it worked. I still have 3 or 4 plectron boxes on tac 1 that still work...

Status
Not open for further replies.