We lost another one : Town Of Babylon DPS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don57

Premium Subscriber
I have had The Town Of Babylon Dept. Of Public Safety (472.9625) , programmed into my scanners for as long as I can remember. Its not action packed listening but I've enjoyed listened for many years. Usually it's just things like the parks are locked , a car is locked in the marina after hours etc. This past Thursday I turn on my HP1 and was shocked to hear that they have gone encrypted. It's a shame that most of local government is taking every public service away from us. Its our money that pays for all this and we should be able to listen in. I can see a PD surveillance being encrypted but a department that patrols the parking lots of local parks ? This is getting way out of control. We can't listen to anything in Nassau County anymore and now it's working it's way out to Suffolk County.

Thunderknight

Premium Subscriber
They are licensed for analog and DMR. They probably went DMR.
That's not the same as going encrypted. (Although DMR can be also encrypted.)
Unencrypted DMR can be monitored.

SCPD

QRT
436 or the trx1. Wait till many agencies move forward with voice on firstnet LTE when that day comes ways down road. A few are in the works ahead of time. It'll make the E and multi digital formats a moot rant.

Status
Not open for further replies.