Weather alert...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctrl

Wow....

Does the 396 come with a replace your pants after they somehow become no longer good for use warrenty??? An extra roll of TP would be great.. here... yeah.. ok.

The warning for the Weather FIPS is crazy. I just heard it for the first time, and im sure everyone in a mile radius also heard it (me) when I tripped and fell trying to grab the radio to switch down the volume.

Dang, anyway to turn down the volume on the alert? I dont see any options here.

...I'm kidding about the tripping and falling part. Dont want anyone thinking I got hurt or anything. The rest well,,, I'll leave that to your imagination..

LOL

wesm1957

Premium Subscriber
I don't have a Uniden scanner, but I had to add to this tread. My Pro-94 and Pro-2055 are the only thing that will wake me up if there is a warning put out by the Weather Service. The storm itself sure won't!! I'm sure everyone in my building has heard these things go off.

Colin9690

Delaware County, OH
Premium Subscriber
I have a Radioshack Weather Radio and it has an adjustable alert volume, and when I first bought it, I didn't know how loud it was so I turned the volume all the way up. So, at like 1:00 in the morning NWS put out a warning for something, but anyway that thing's siren is so damn loud it made me fall out of bed. Now, I have the volume all the way down, and I still can hear it if I'm in the basement, and the radio is in my upstairs bedroom. :)

bwhite

Premium Subscriber
Supposedly the 898T is full vol too, doesn't look like any option to moderate it.
I may be sorry some day, but, I don't use that feature because of that, I don't need full volume to wake up. I only run fire dispatch at a volume between a whisper and reg conversation and wake up, should be the same for this if I had the option for Wx alerts.
Yo, firmware guru's (UPMAN).....any chance of being reasonable on this ? I think there has only been 1 898 firmware upgrade, surely there must be other accumulated fixes they could throw this in with. Thanx

Status
Not open for further replies.