• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Weather Center in Northern NJ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Croaker90

That is alot of radios there.

I bet it is really annoying sometimes with all those radios going all at once.

Nice setups though.

Croak.

mondaro

Premium Subscriber
The New Red ( Bat Phone ) is a direct line to the NWS at Upton NY, Photo not shown.
Going to work on updated pic's.

Tony

N1SQB

Wow!........

I dont think you have enough antennas! I'd like to see you put up a few hundred more!;-)
Wow! Thats some set up!

Manny

LukeB

Whats the reason for having several anemometers? What weather stations are you using? Any photo's of your computers and software you are using? Some setup. You've giving off more radiation then a cell tower there...lol nice job.

mjthomas59

It looks like the antennas you have up would absorb all of your radio transmissions. What kind of equipment is all that. I can pick out the Uniden scanners but what are the motorola rigs(atleast i think they are motorola) i see in the picture on the 3rd shelf down?

Also, i wouldn't be caught dead in that place in a severe thunderstorm, that place is like a lightening magnet.

key2_altfire

That is a lot more residential in appearance than I thought when first clicking on the link! But wow, that antenna farm is giving me some serious penis envy.

key2_altfire

RADIOGUY2002 said:
Nice way to get intermod.
If there are no transmitter antennas on their farm they won't have to worry about intermod.

If there ARE transmitters, well, then... yeah maybe haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.