• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

weather radio question

Status
Not open for further replies.

scannerman200

Premium Subscriber
Someone that owns a midland wr100 weather radio, which is a SAME radio, told me that when a tornado warning was issued for their county, that the EMA or 911 was heard over the receiever. Does anyone know anything about this?

TechnoDave

When mine woke me up three times the other day, I only heard the weather radio computer voice. Were the broadcast from the Birmingham weatehr office?

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
scannerman200 said:
Someone that owns a midland wr100 weather radio, which is a SAME radio, told me that when a tornado warning was issued for their county, that the EMA or 911 was heard over the receiever. Does anyone know anything about this?
They were confused... That's EAS, the alert that comes over the TV and regular radio, as some counties have their EMA / 911 center use their voice.

Status
Not open for further replies.