Weather Site

Status
Not open for further replies.

alienxp

Hello All,

I Have just registered as a User and Wanted to say Hello to all Members.

I am 42 year's old and live in West Wareham, Maasachusetts

I am a Police Scanner Hobbyist/Listener and own about 5 Scanners in all..some new..some older..they are all listed in my signature below.

I am also a weather Hobbyist/Enthusiast and also Own a Davis Vantage Pro2 Wireless home weather station and have created a Live Weather Website, with Near Real time (Updated every 4 Seconds) Data on Home page and top of most all other pages, along with Live Webcam and Time Lapse Movies of the daily Sky View's, Live Lightning Detection using Boltek and Nexstorm, Buoy Data, Graph's and a few other interesting Pages. if you would like to See My site it can be viewed here:

http://www.gateway2capecod.com

.....Chris

CLTX11

Welcome alienXP, thanks for you weather site. How long have you owned the Davis? How do you like it?

alienxp

Hello,...

I have owned the Davis Vantage pro2 for almost a year Now and it works great!

Using it with the SERIAL Weatherlogger and Weather Display Software,along with Nexstorm Lite but am Planning on purchasing the full version of Nexstorm in future and have the Nextsorm Storm VUE added to the page soon. I also own some Maximum Inc Weather Equipment which includes the WEATHERMAX home weather Station and also some of their brass round instruments which include Merlin & Rain Watch Digital Instruments.

as for the Weather Underground PWS...I have all my Data being sent to CWOP and Weatherunderground at 10 minute intervals.

Happy Easter All...Chris/alienxp

Last edited:

alienxp

Hello...

I am unsure which part of the forum I should place this, but I wanted to mention that I now have my Live Scanner Feed online and working within my weather website.

The live scan feed was setup using icecast and simplecast, along with the java applet to get the winamp web based display on my page. The live feed could also be listened to by following the links on the bottom part of my The page.

The scanner page wont be online 24/7 as of yet, becuase I am still using the trial version of simplecast and it times out every 4 hours, therfore needing to restart it manually in order to get the feed going again. as you can guess..this will be hard to restart if I am at work or sleeping...LOL. so for now live feed is usually online temporarily around 4pm-11pm. daily.

The Scan wareham Mass feed can be viewed here:

http://gateway2capecod.com/scanner.php

please note you may have to accept the digital signature stuff first time you visit the page, afterwards it will not prompt you for this.

if anyone has any comments, suggestions, idea's or whatsoever...feel free to vioce your thought's/

Thanks for looking...Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.