web service question

Status
Not open for further replies.

PAscannernut

I just upgraded my RR to premium to use the web service with my ARCXT software for the BC396XT. However, I do not see anything about it on the website. Can anyone steer me in the right direction how to find it? Also I cannot get past the setup banner on the home page. Is there something special I have to do to get the page to be custom? I have made a few changes in the setup but that didn't work. Thanks for the help.

eaf1956

Feed Provider
Arc XT

I just upgraded my RR to premium to use the web service with my ARCXT software for the BC396XT. However, I do not see anything about it on the website. Can anyone steer me in the right direction how to find it? Also I cannot get past the setup banner on the home page. Is there something special I have to do to get the page to be custom? I have made a few changes in the setup but that didn't work. Thanks for the help.

There is no special setup or anything. Your ARC XT software will log you into RR and allow access and d/l from the database into the software. Then you can use the d/led info to program or u/l to your scanner.

PAscannernut

Thanks alot. I checked all over the RR site and did not think to look at the software. I appreciate it.

jcpd9720

There is no special setup or anything. Your ARC XT software will log you into RR and allow access and d/l from the database into the software. Then you can use the d/led info to program or u/l to your scanner.

I have the premium membership, arcxtpro, have downloaded plenty, and you lost me! LOL!

Go to "Internet" menu at the top.
Choose "Radio Reference" out of that incredibly long list of websites (one)
Put "PAScannerNut" in the "User Name" field
Put "********" in the password field (Your password may or may not be different from mine, but it will look the same!
Hit "Connect"
After it logs into the site, choose the state. I would choose Kentucky, but you may choose Pennsylvania. I have been wrong before though.
Choose the county. I saw you posting the other day about maybe listening to harrisburg on the road, so choose "Dauphin".

You now have several options to choose from. Dauphin County has conventional stuff AND a P25 uhf system. For the P25 system, click on the "Trunk Systems" button, then the drop down menu above it that now says "Trunk Systems"

In the drop down menu, there are 6-7 choices. Choose "Dauphin County Public Safety / Project 25"

Check the box that says "Sites: 10" in the left side, and "Talkgroups: 77" on the right side. This will create a system in your program that has every site, frequency, and talkgroup for that system. Tweak from there! You will decide if you want listen to just police, or police/fire/ems, or whatever you want.

They also have a conventional system available. Don't forget to load that one too!

I am unsure of how they do their radio communications, as I have never been there, but that is how you use the ARC software to download from the internet! This will apply across the board for anyone in the future needing advice!

eaf1956

Feed Provider
Assume

I have the premium membership, arcxtpro, have downloaded plenty, and you lost me! LOL!

Go to "Internet" menu at the top.
Choose "Radio Reference" out of that incredibly long list of websites (one)
Put "PAScannerNut" in the "User Name" field
Put "********" in the password field (Your password may or may not be different from mine, but it will look the same!
Hit "Connect"
After it logs into the site, choose the state. I would choose Kentucky, but you may choose Pennsylvania. I have been wrong before though.
Choose the county. I saw you posting the other day about maybe listening to harrisburg on the road, so choose "Dauphin".

You now have several options to choose from. Dauphin County has conventional stuff AND a P25 uhf system. For the P25 system, click on the "Trunk Systems" button, then the drop down menu above it that now says "Trunk Systems"

In the drop down menu, there are 6-7 choices. Choose "Dauphin County Public Safety / Project 25"

Check the box that says "Sites: 10" in the left side, and "Talkgroups: 77" on the right side. This will create a system in your program that has every site, frequency, and talkgroup for that system. Tweak from there! You will decide if you want listen to just police, or police/fire/ems, or whatever you want.

They also have a conventional system available. Don't forget to load that one too!

I am unsure of how they do their radio communications, as I have never been there, but that is how you use the ARC software to download from the internet! This will apply across the board for anyone in the future needing advice!

I guess I assumed since he was logged into RR that he knew his USER NAME and Password! I could be wrong, wouldn't be the 1st time.

jcpd9720

The way I read it was that he was trying to figure out how to download the systems, and that he was trying directly from the website... There really isn't much useful documentation out there on how to get the systems from within ARC. I scratched my head a whole bunch trying to figure out how to download the premade systems from the site myself!

PAscannernut

I was able to figure it out with all the help. I was trying to find the web service from the RR site. The web service seems like it will save alot of time and is very user friendly. Thanks for all of the help.

eaf1956

Feed Provider
All is Well that ends WELL

I was able to figure it out with all the help. I was trying to find the web service from the RR site. The web service seems like it will save alot of time and is very user friendly. Thanks for all of the help.

Great NEWS:D... Have fun in the DB and I hope you find all the information you need to set up your scanner the way you want it.:lol:

jcpd9720

Great NEWS:D... Have fun in the DB and I hope you find all the information you need to set up your scanner the way you want it.:lol:

Exactly! Between downloading premade systems and using a gps to automatically turn on/off systems as you drive is so much fun! Let us know how your next trip goes and how well having everything along the route goes!

Status
Not open for further replies.