• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Weehawken 159.090mhz repeater.

Status
Not open for further replies.

wizz5500

Premium Subscriber
I hear the Weehawken, PD now have a repeater on (159.090mhz) their primary channel,
Anyone know the input frequency for this new repeater system?

wizz5500

Premium Subscriber
Thank you for responding to my inquiry. I already programmed all the frequencies assigned in the FCC database link you provided. None of the licensed frequencies are being utilized for the input of the 159.090mhz repeater in Weehawken. The input frequencies remains unknown to me.

Just curious are you near Weehawkeen when you try to listen to them? Input frequencies usually don't have a lot of power
Why would the OP need to try to listen to the "input" unless it is a split Duplex system? A split system has the option of not repeating the mobile, only the dispatcher hears the mobile.

You mean they were running 159.09 in simplex before this change? Interesting because I live out in West Orange and I have always heard them loud and clear.

wizz5500

Premium Subscriber
Just outside the Lincoln Tunnel listening on a Uniden BCD396XT heard a close call hit on 156.010mhz DPL-131.

Sounded like ambulance #214. possibly the new input frequency for 159.090mhz but unconfirmed.

I guess that would leave 153.6950 to be paired with 154.7400. Could EMS be getting moved off to their own channel?

Status
Not open for further replies.