Weekend Mystery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Airdorn

Hello all.

This afternoon I was scanning thru the freqs. and I came upon a very clear and strong control channel.

Now normally, that control channel would belong to Bartlett, TN public safety. SID 311D

But today, Unitrunker reported the SID as BD0B. RR has no record of that.

All the frequencies associated were as follows:

Unfortunately, one of the freqs there is the REAL Bartlett control channel, so sometimes the scanner stop on it and Bartlett's control channel data would be heard.

But otherwise, I heard lots of conversations... it seemed to be mixed analog and digital. Some of the people talking made reference to places in Memphis, like Knight Arnold Rd., and Mississippi Blvd.

Somestimes the audio is loud and clear, other times its kind of faint and scratchy. Still other times, I could hear the tell-tale signs of digital decoding. For instance, my radio would produce proper audio, but I would hear only motorola data thru my discriminator output.

I wonder what's going on here?

Now, to be sure, today was a good day for thermal ducting. I heard 3-4 different ENtergy sites, and Tunica Co. PS came in pretty clear. I've never heard that before.

But the fact that the site ID is not in the RR database and the people talking were referencing Memphis locations is interesting.

Any ideas?

matthewtomek

Live Audio Admin
Feed Provider
856.2375, 859.2375, 858.2375, and 860.2375 are frequenices on the Memphis Trunking System. 859.7375 is on the Bartlett system. Kind of interesting.

Airdorn

Yeah, I was apparently receiving a CC because of ducting or whatever... it was turning on frequencies that are used by Memphis PS, and Bartlett.. occasionally, it would turn-on the bartlett PS CC.

The weird part is the site ID... unknown by RR.

Status
Not open for further replies.