Weird dispatch audio?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I use a BCT15X for all of my scanning I scan my local Police/Fire/EMS. Its a small county in North West GA. Just only yesterday I was listening to it and I seen that on some dispatches they did dispatches audio would not come threw this started happening only yesterday for ex it was like

"Central to 159"
"159 go ahead"
then central would never talk back
then the unit would be like
"10-76" which means en-route...

This only happens like once or twice a day. Could it be me or does the 911 center now have a thing they can turn on so scanners can't here them? I don't know its weird...
I hope its me and no the radio system my county has a great radio system "analog" and I live basically right down the road from the 911 center and a repeater tower is right across the road from where I live I always have the best and clear signals...

Last edited:

SCPD

QRT
Your scanner decodes PL/DCS, do you use the CTCSS decode function for the frequency you're listening to? The department may be using some sort of encryption on an as needed basis. The scanners CTCSS decode may not function and, won't allow audio to pass as the encryption probably isn't passing the tone(s) for your scanner to recognize. If you are using the decode function, try listening to the frequency without the CTCSS decode and see if you hear anything that resembles encryption.

N8IAA

So I use a BCT15X for all of my scanning I scan my local Police/Fire/EMS. Its a small county in North West GA. Just only yesterday I was listening to it and I seen that on some dispatches they did dispatches audio would not come threw this started happening only yesterday for ex it was like

"Central to 159"
"159 go ahead"
then central would never talk back
then the unit would be like
"10-76" which means en-route...

This only happens like once or twice a day. Could it be me or does the 911 center now have a thing they can turn on so scanners can't here them? I don't know its weird...
I hope its me and no the radio system my county has a great radio system "analog" and I live basically right down the road from the 911 center and a repeater tower is right across the road from where I live I always have the best and clear signals...
How have you programmed the radio? If you are using what was stored in the 15X, it is ancient data. You haven't stated what county you reside in, so, not being mind readers, we really can't help with the proper answers.
Give us some help so we can help you.
Larry

Status
Not open for further replies.