Well here's my small shack.

Status
Not open for further replies.

IdleMonitor

Premium Subscriber
Yes, that's exactly what it's for. To hold the pole up. And as you can, I don't have a lot of space to work with for it, but the screws are put in far enough and it doesn't barely move with the wind.

hoser147 said:
Nice Shack, what are the brackets on the eve of the house, for the mast??? Hoser

IdleMonitor

Premium Subscriber
It's just a regular steel pole that's yellow....my old landlord, had it sitting in his parking lot and asked if I could take it, he said sure. It's about 10-12 feet long I think, and on top of a roof, so all in all, the antenna is up about 30-40 ft. I think.

R1VINCE said:
where did you get that COOL yellow mast? i want 1!!

hoser147

IdleMonitor said:
Yes, that's exactly what it's for. To hold the pole up. And as you can, I don't have a lot of space to work with for it, but the screws are put in far enough and it doesn't barely move with the wind.

I was asking what kind of brackets are they like clamps for conduit or pipe? Thanks hoser

EncryptionMan

Thats exactly what they look like Hoser, conduit clamps.

Id ditch the electrical tape for wire ties as the tape will dry up, become hard and fail.

If you flip the antenna around the cable will be on the same side and be a straight shot down :) Might look alot better.

Also does the pole touch the ground? May want to bang some type of post into the dirt and secure the pole to that so its not 100% dependeant on what appears to be two small clamps.

IdleMonitor

Premium Subscriber
The electrical tape works just fine. The picture is my first installment of it, I've had to take it down since and put new coax on there, so I've put more tape on. It works so I'm not going to change it. It's been through one winter with no problems.

Not sure what you're meaning by the second point.

No, the pole doesn't touch the ground. I live above a business and the pole is on top of it's roof which is just outside my living room, I was worried at first with the clamps, but really, it's been through one summer that had fairly high winds and a hell of a winter and everything was just fine. Suprisingly, it ain't moving anywhere.

Thanks for the suggestions though.

EncryptionMan said:
Thats exactly what they look like Hoser, conduit clamps.

Id ditch the electrical tape for wire ties as the tape will dry up, become hard and fail.

If you flip the antenna around the cable will be on the same side and be a straight shot down :) Might look alot better.

Also does the pole touch the ground? May want to bang some type of post into the dirt and secure the pole to that so its not 100% dependeant on what appears to be two small clamps.

af5rn

IdleMonitor said:
The electrical tape works just fine. The picture is my first installment of it, I've had to take it down since and put new coax on there, so I've put more tape on. It works so I'm not going to change it. It's been through one winter with no problems.
Famous last words.

Everything works just fine... right up to the point it FAILS.

Status
Not open for further replies.