Wellington County Fire Fleetconnect

Status
Not open for further replies.

acollinsphoto

Anyone had any luck figuring out which fleetconnect sites that Wellington county fire departments use. Assuming Puslinch fire is on the Puslinch site but anyone have a clue about roaming?

Thanks

gary123

They can roam but usually they dont travel far from their home sites. The northern depts will be on fergus. A quick way to find possible other sites would be to check the neibour site list. Pushlinch has Brisbane, Milton, Kitchener and fergus.

ATCTech

(Sadly) I've never once heard a Wellington County fire call appear on the Milton tower even when Puslinch Fire was on the 401 just west of Guelph Line. In my reception range at least both the Puslinch and Brisbane towers seem to carry Puslinch, Fergus, Elora, Rockwood, Erin and Hillsburgh calls much of the time, then a few days later tower coverage of the same station calls seems to have geographically fragmented. I've heard Drayton and Moorefield calls on those same towers, but far less frequently. Wish I was in-range of the Fergus site to know how it handles the same runs.

ATCTech

Quick update to my previous comment. There's currently an active call for both Elora and Fergus in Elora. The call is receivable on the Puslinch tower but not on Brisbane this time.

gary123

It is possible that the TGs are blocked from the site and any unit trying to affiliate is sent back to the home tower. Also, you can program the site list in the radio to only have one or only certain towers.

ATCTech

Currently a Rockwood FD call active on both the Puslinch and Brisbane towers.

ATCTech

And finally (maybe) separate fire calls this afternoon for both Mount Forest and Harriston (Minto) both heard on Puslinch tower, nothing heard on Brisbane.

Status
Not open for further replies.