Wescom Dispatch=Cresthill PD

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
It states in the Local Paper today Wescom is changing the village of Cresthill from the Will Co P25 system over to IL-Starcom 21 in few weeks....I presume the city of Lockport will also move as they usually use the same dispatcher for both....I hope there not going the way of "ENC" because my listening pleasure is narrowing as Will County is building a new 911 center and a P25 "ENC" system.....

AC9BX

"...and as WESCOM switches to STARCOM21..."

Crest Hill moves forward with new police emergency radio system | The Herald-News

This is curious. The Will County P25 system does not appear to be expanding as planned. I hear periodic tests on it but no new regular users. WESCOM has been the primary user. The County has almost no traffic on its own system. CITGO was testing a little while ago. I'm wondering if after all hoopla, process, and money spent on this system they'll abandon it. The intent was to move everyone from the EDACS to P25 but there's so many users and not enough funds and radios (so they claim) they couldn't do it and E.F. Johnson agreed to keep the EDACS going. The County has budgeted another $2.5 million on this radio system for 2017.
This indeed means Lockport will likely move to Starcom as well. Yeah, won't be much left to hear in Will County besides tow trucks and school buses.

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
Very interesting reading till I got to the part that says "ASK" Encription , then I uttered a foul word !!!!! Thank you for posting that as I knew this was in progress but was not sure about the ENC, I sent you a email thru this web site but I don't think you received it...LKPT using 155.115 no repeater off cuff talking and using LTR system.....

AC9BX

I saw your message.

Just because a system offers encryption doesn't mean it will be used. But then again we know sometimes it is used and if they take the attitude Joliet does that's the end for us.

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
Heard someone testing on WC-P25 River System on TG1409, used to be LKPT/CH old TG...??

AC9BX

I hear TG1409 occasionally. I imagine they use radios already programmed with that group when testing just for convenience.

The plot thickens ...

Shorewood board changes smoking regulations to address vaping | The Herald-News

It looks like any police departments dispatched by WESCOM may move to Starcom. Bolingbrook may be a curious one. They've been using the same system for a long time, self dispatched, but use WESCOM as of a few years ago and merged their PSAP.

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
Your correct about Wescom, and the list of towns is a long one which takes up alot of my scanners systems.....I sure hope there going to stay in the open and not "ENC"....Will County, Wescom, and already Joliet, this whole area could wind up in the dark.....

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
Wescom simulcasting on T113-Will Co today TG33901for Channahon, Shorewood, Wilmington and Braidwood mobile ID141xxx, no ID on dispatcher.....

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
I'm now hearing Wescom on PD1 -TG33901 on T-113-Will Co, T102-So.CH-HTS and T125-Grundy Co dispatching.....

g007

I've known this for a few weeks now and I figured I'd create an account and give y'all some inside info.

WESCOM together with Grundy Co (primarily) as well as Will Co and Kendall Co will be fully transitioning to STARCOM21. Yes, all agencies/departments served by WESCOM. Yep, you read that right, Grundy's SmartNet will finally go away, too.

I was told that some TGs will be encrypted as they see fit, but nothing like Joliet.

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
Been hearing Wescom -Shorewood, Channahon, Wilmington, Braidwood and Elwood already on T113-TG33901 "Patched"...The Wescom North and South FD's were using SC patched but have not been on....Awhile back the Will Co contract for a new 700/800 system which is not Scom is now being built was a thread on here and stated FULL "ENC", I guess we must wait and see....

g007

WESCOM's stated go-live (perhaps mandated) is August. Not sure about the counties. Would not surprise me if Will, Kendall, Grundy, WESCOM and EASTCOM (which I forgot to mention yesterday is included) all switch over one hot August night. And it's sounding like Will Co's attempt at independent P25 has been squashed and rolled into STARCOM21. In fact, I'm sure that's the case. My guess is this happened because they all banded together and got Motorola to relax the access fees a bit with such a huge user base coming onto the network.

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
spoke with a high level contact and was advised Will Co will NOT join Starcom and will continue to use there own new P25 system, Kendall Co will continue with UHF-VHF....Eastcom is already on Starcom and is "ENC"....

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
On Jan1,2018 Will County , Laraway Communications, Lincolnway Communications, Romeoville and Eastcom will be moving to the new Will Co P25 system at the new Will Co station on Laraway Rd...Last I heard "ENC" will be the norm....

AC9BX

On Jan1,2018 Will County , Laraway Communications, Lincolnway Communications, Romeoville and Eastcom will be moving to the new Will Co P25 system at the new Will Co station on Laraway Rd...Last I heard "ENC" will be the norm....

Wow. That's a mess. The Will P25 River system doesn't cover the Eastern part of the county very well, at least not now. I wonder why Eastcom would move there. It's also odd considering Wescom is moving away from the Will P25. It makes sense Lincolnway might move. Their VHF police dispatch isn't that great. They'll want to add a frequency or two. For Joliet, Romeoville, Lockport, Elwood, the Will P25 works great.

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
I'm not talking about the WC-River System, I'm talking about the new P25 Trunk System there building, its freqys were on the "il-grants" a few weeks ago "WQYY476 (8) freqys added to the old EDACS freqys = the new system in the works....

elrod

I seem to be confused. Are there 2 new systems in Will County?
The Will P25 River system stated in post 18 and the new P25 Trunk system stated in post 19?
I thought the only one was the Will County Public Safety P25 system with the freqs.of
857.5875, 859.5875, 857.5375.

Chuck

Status
Not open for further replies.