Westchester County, NY 3/12/19 City Of Yonkers Fire Department-Major Structure Fire located at 15 Parkview Avenue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob1955

At approx. 18:00 hours, a call came into Yonkers Fire Department for the above location. This fire quickly went to (4) alarms bringing in New Rochelle, Mt. Vernon, Eastchester, Greenville, Hartsdale and Fairview Fire Departments. The fire burned on the roof tops of both buildings, and down bellow that connected and (6) stores high each. Numerous tenants evacuated out onto Parkview Avenue and surrounding nearby streets. Many men/women asking me if their dogs/cats would survive and or be saved. This was the toughest thing I have ever done in years when volunteering my time. I had been in the fire service since 1988, now a New York State Exempt Firefighter since 2015 and have never seen anything this like this in Westchester County. And as of 2:21am, this fire is still not completely under control. Yonkers Fire Department, Yonkers Police along with Yonkers OEM, and also all mutual aid companies did a great job all by working together. I'll post up a couple of pictures later tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.