WESTCHESTER COUNTY PD POST #'S

Status
Not open for further replies.

k2ns

I just looked in the Westchester County Wiki, thinking that there was a listing of the county police posts, but the only thing there was their signal codes. Is there a listing anywhere of their posts ??? All of a sudden I am hearing both a car assigned to post 39 and also a sergeant--I don't remember a sergeant being assigned to post 39 all the time. What is "post 39" ???

RON

k2ns

Ron,

Post 39 is the airport

Are you sure ??? I woke up today about 4AM--couldn't sleep--and turned on my scanner. WCPD was doing their 4AM roll call, and they polled all the airport cars and then polled 39 bravo and 39 sergeant. That's why I don't think post 39 is the airport.

comspec

A while ago, the county kinda stopped using "post numbers" and switched to the "station numbers" that represent all the communities. That is why 27 Charlie became 1 Adam and the 72 cars became 45 Adam and Baker and the airports started IDing as "Airport" Also, when the town of Ossining disbanded the cars became 13 Adam and Baker.

I think you are right about the overnight dispatching. For two days now at about 7:40 I hear the dispatcher call 39 B and 39 Sgt and tell them to "switch back to your frequency" Are there any Night owls who can confirm that this is Tuckahoe? I think it is a coincidence that the first municipality to do this happens to have the same station number as the old airport post number as yes, the Airport usually does have a Sgt. assigned to it all the time.

I hope this a trend that continues. If these small departments aren't willing to merge to save cost the least they can do is have the county or a nearby larger department take over dispatch at night. There is a list of small departments that should follow this model. They don't necessarily have to have the county do it. Irvington and Elmsford can use Greenburg, Pleasantville and Sleepy Hollow can use Mt Pleasant, etc. I mean Buchanan has their own department, but at least they are smart enough to use Peekskill for dispatch. To me this is a no brainer. Its ridiculous to have a dispatcher there all night for all these departments when the call volume is very low at night. Even the county channel gets very quiet at night, they can certainly pick up a small village or two and in theory is something big goes down in one of those villages and they bring in some off duty personnel they can always, switch back to their own channel.

Astrosaber

Premium Subscriber
Sorry for the delay,

Post 39 was the airport post.

Since County has dropped the signal codes a while ago, 39 is now in fact Tuckahoe PD. 39 is their
county id on the hotline.

firepilot

Premium Subscriber
I believe it goes as follows...

Post 20: Tibbits Park in Yonkers
Post 25: Grasslands Reservation in Valhalla
Post 27: Croton Point Park in Croton
Post 35: Rye Playland
Post 39: Westchester County Airport (Harrison, Rye Brook and North Castle)
Post 43: Westchester Community College in Greenburgh
Post 72: County Homeless Shelter in White Plains

Status
Not open for further replies.