• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

What’s your current radio and new one coming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ravenkeeper

Ouch. Never had to use my radio in an emergency yet. But I have it if I need it. Not to mention. Talking on cb and driving is not illegal here yet. At least I haven’t been stopped for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NOT illegal out here, either. Eventhough we could see SR-14, it’s 10 miles from the crash to the nearest point on the highway. I’ve only used a CB one other time in an emergency, 18-Wheeler was going downhill on I-5, in the Mount Shasta area, with his brakes on fire.

Gniederb

I have been through a bunch if cobras but my current radio is a galaxy 99v2 running through a Texas star 500 dx. My next radio I'm considering isn't a specific model, but I'm thinking of getting liscensed and buying a ham so i can put my kicker to use taking all over the world. I understand there are some models that I can switch put antennas and use 11 meters when I want too?

6079smithw

Ancient Uniden Pro 500D when I'm truckin'., Tram 703-HC centerload mag in case I draw a co. daycab. Bone-stock mic and innards. Channel knob has probably never been off 19 for 25 years. No plans for another unless this one quits.

Bearcat 980 SSB. I like the radio a lot more than I like CB radio, lol. The radio is pretty cool, cb radio on the other hand is pretty useless...

Status
Not open for further replies.