What am I doing wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.

russianspd

Premium Subscriber
I have both a BCD396XT and a BCD996XT. I used the serial cable to import Sacramento Sheriff and Police into my 396XT from RR, it worked fine and I was picking up transmissions. I unfortunately had to manually input all of the info in my mobile because I didn't have a laptop that I could transfer all the data over to the 996XT.

Here were my steps for my 996XT:
I created a new Motorola System, Changed ID to SCAN and set the delay time to 0 in the system options, created a new SITE and named it COUNTY, put in the following control channels of:
853.85000, 853.80000, 853,68750. That was set to quick key 2 I then went and created a new group and named it Sheriff, that was set to quick key 1, put in all of the 4 TGID's for the Sheriff and made sure they were all ANALOG audio.

I created another SITE and named that CITY and repeated the following steps of putting in the following control channels of:
853.90000, 853.77500, 853.71250. That was set to quick key 2 (Same as Sheriff). Entered in a new group and named that POLICE, made the quick key 2 and entered in channels 1-7 for Sacramento PD and made sure they were all ANALOG.

I didn't hear a single word my entire trip up. When I imported everything into my 396XT from RR it worked just fine. But manually putting in the information didn't seem to do the trick. I have been able to successfully enter the EBRCS system into both radios in the past. Don't know what gives.

Thanks for the assistance.

kma371

QRT
I have both a BCD396XT and a BCD996XT. I used the serial cable to import Sacramento Sheriff and Police into my 396XT from RR, it worked fine and I was picking up transmissions. I unfortunately had to manually input all of the info in my mobile because I didn't have a laptop that I could transfer all the data over to the 996XT.

Here were my steps for my 996XT:
I created a new Motorola System, Changed ID to SCAN and set the delay time to 0 in the system options, created a new SITE and named it COUNTY, put in the following control channels of:
853.85000, 853.80000, 853,68750. That was set to quick key 2 I then went and created a new group and named it Sheriff, that was set to quick key 1, put in all of the 4 TGID's for the Sheriff and made sure they were all ANALOG audio.

I created another SITE and named that CITY and repeated the following steps of putting in the following control channels of:
853.90000, 853.77500, 853.71250. That was set to quick key 2 (Same as Sheriff). Entered in a new group and named that POLICE, made the quick key 2 and entered in channels 1-7 for Sacramento PD and made sure they were all ANALOG.

I didn't hear a single word my entire trip up. When I imported everything into my 396XT from RR it worked just fine. But manually putting in the information didn't seem to do the trick. I have been able to successfully enter the EBRCS system into both radios in the past. Don't know what gives.

Thanks for the assistance.

What type of trunking system did you use ?

kma371

QRT
I chose Motorola 800/900 standard? And MOT, NOT P25.

Well those aren't options in freescan.

Here's what you need to do:

1. Create "New System"
1a. Make that system a "MOT TYPE II / P25"
2. Create "New Site" within that system
3. Go to "Site Setup" tab within that site.
3a. Change the "Site Type" to "Mot Custom/Reband Type II"
4. In the "System Band Plan" within the "Site Setup" tab, you need to input the following

Low freq 851.025 Upper freq 854.000 Step 25.0 Offset 480
Low freq 851.0125 Upper freq 868.9875 Step 25.0 Offset 0

Downloading directly from the DB takes away these steps.

russianspd

Premium Subscriber
I manually entered in the band plan and made sure end code was Analog-Digital and am now getting everything. Thanks KMA. Now just have to repeat it in the other radio.

Where would you be able to locate the band plan from in the future from other systems?

kma371

QRT
I manually entered in the band plan and made sure end code was Analog-Digital and am now getting everything. Thanks KMA. Now just have to repeat it in the other radio.

Where would you be able to locate the band plan from in the future from other systems?

Yeah it didn't sound like you set it to custom band plan originally, so the scanner was looking for the wrong freqs for traffic. That's why you didnt' hear anything.

All the 866MHz systems that moved down to 850MHz have the same band plan, so just make note of the band plan I gave you somewhere.

russianspd

Premium Subscriber
Makes sense. By default I had left the band plan as Motorola 800/900 standard. Setting it to custom and entering in those freqs and making sure the end-code was properly set had done.

Status
Not open for further replies.