What am I doing wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Granny54

Premium Subscriber
I uploaded my new channel programming with FreeScan. I have no audio when it stops on a channel. On the scanner screen at the SO line there is a 0 at the end. I don't know what that is for either. Can someone please tell me what I am doing wrong?

Ubbe

That S0 and the 0 at the end says that you have programmed a system quickkey 0 and a quickkey 0 for the group in that system.
What type of channel is it, analog conventional or some sort of trunked system?
Does it stay long enough that it might indicate that it is monitoring a conversation, at least 5-10 sec, but there's no audio?
If you use an external speaker then check that it's plugged in properly and if it's amplified check that it has power.
Do you get noise if you turn the squelch down to 0?

/Ubbe

Granny54

Premium Subscriber
That S0 and the 0 at the end says that you have programmed a system quickkey 0 and a quickkey 0 for the group in that system.
What type of channel is it, analog conventional or some sort of trunked system?
Does it stay long enough that it might indicate that it is monitoring a conversation, at least 5-10 sec, but there's no audio?
If you use an external speaker then check that it's plugged in properly and if it's amplified check that it has power.
Do you get noise if you turn the squelch down to 0?

/Ubbe
Uniden BCD996P2

Yes I did assign quick keys in Freescan.
Uniden BCD996P2

Granny54

Premium Subscriber
One channel group is a trunked system. There is noise when squelch is turned down. It does stay on a channel long enough for a conversation to be had.

If you programmed in 155.64 Conventional and you're not hearing anything, they must be using a different frequency.

If you programmed a DPL or PL, remove it.

Sorry, those are the only things I can suggest.

Ubbe

I have no audio when it stops on a channel.
It does stay on a channel long enough for a conversation to be had.
Push the WX button and check that you really can hear the wheather announcements so that you are not in a bad radio coverage location.

Check that the channels in system 0 and group 0 are set to analog only. When you open the squelch, set it to 0, you can use the dial wheel to step thru your programming and check that it steps thru the ones you have actually programmed and if they start to use a channel you should be able to hear them if you are in range with a good working antenna while the squelch are open. It seems a bit strange that the scanner stops on a channel as if they had a conversation but nothing is heard. Maybe you could attach your programming file to a message so we could have a look at it. You probably have to rename it to be able to attach it.

/Ubbe

Granny54

Premium Subscriber
This is the only way I could show you my system files.

Attachments

• PD CODES.PNG
    PD CODES.PNG
    148.4 KB · Views: 22
  • MOSWIN HOME.PNG
    MOSWIN HOME.PNG
    163.5 KB · Views: 20
  • MOSWIN.PNG
    MOSWIN.PNG
    143.8 KB · Views: 17
  • MOSWIN COUNTY CODES.PNG
    MOSWIN COUNTY CODES.PNG
    6.3 KB · Views: 16
  • MG Police Codes.PNG
    MG Police Codes.PNG
    222.6 KB · Views: 16

Ubbe

That first picture with the analog conventional PD, the first frequency 155.0325 can't be found in your other information. Lock that out as a test. The 154.6500 frequency doesn't use any subtone so change 162.2 to none. 155.3175 cannot be found in your other information so lock out that for now. The 155.6100 are marked (old) so probably not used anymore, so lock that out as well. You have set mode to auto but set it to NFM just to be sure.

Your third picture for the trunked system, you have entered the trunked system as conventional channels and will not operate as a trunked system.
I'm not familiar with Freescan but probably when you select to create a new group you have the option to choose P25 trunked system.

You can probably right click with your mouse on that scannercode.996 file in your download folder and select to do a zip file of it. Then you can attach it to a message and somebody can edit it for you and mail back a working configuration.

/Ubbe

Last edited:

Granny54

Premium Subscriber
This is what I entered and MOSWIN isn't uploading to the scanner.

Attachments

• DC.PNG
    DC.PNG
    137.6 KB · Views: 13
  • WC MOSWIN.PNG
    WC MOSWIN.PNG
    144.5 KB · Views: 13
  • New PD.PNG
    New PD.PNG
    148.5 KB · Views: 10

phask

Premium Subscriber
Confusing - but from all your screenshots I don't see any talkgroups ,Then I see mentions of your local (non-Moswin) stuff. It gets really confusing. No where do I see a link to what system you are trying to get - just screenshots.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Confusing - but from all your screenshots I don't see any talkgroups ,Then I see mentions of your local (non-Moswin) stuff. It gets really confusing. No where do I see a link to what system you are trying to get - just screenshots.
Yes, a link to the specific system, as well as what agencies (city and/or county) that you want to monitor would help in determining whgat to add or change.
I forgot this.
Unfortunately, a screenshot does not display all the information needed to suggest a workable correction or addition.

Try to post your programming file. The file type FreeSCAN uses, *.996, is not allowed as an attachment on the forums. However, if you follow the instructions below, the work-around to attach a file is relatively easy.

If you have made changes directly on the scanner, that are not reflected in FreeSCAN, then use the software to download from the radio & save the file. Note where to find either the downloaded information from the scanner, or the file you used in FreeSCAN to program the 325P2.

Attaching a FreeSCAN file to a post:

Go to the folder (on your PC) where the file is saved.
Compress your file into a *.zip file, which can be attached. This can be done with a file utility such as WinZip, or the free 7Zip. If your original file was named “MyFile.996”, the compressed file would be “MyFile.zip”.

The other method is to rename your file, using Windows Explorer. Again, for illustration, if your original file was named “MyFile.996”, find the file on your PC and rename it. <Right><Click> on the file and select ‘Rename’ from the pop-up menu. Rename your file to either “MyFile.txt” or “MyFile.996.txt”.

The zipped or renamed file can now be attached to a post. Whoever is going to take a look, to see anything missing or incorrect, can then download the file from your post, rename or unzip it, and open with FreeSCAN to view.

Status
Not open for further replies.