What can I hear with a BCT-15X in Windsor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dodgelover93

just curiouse can we hear taxis and security on a uniden bct15x .. i know i cant get encripted frequencys.. but what about windsor transit busses..can we hear like paliden security ore the border security ??
any answer will be helpfull...
All im getting from windsor is the air port on the uniden bct15x ..is there any frequencys for windsor that havnt gone didgital ...

jaspence

Premium Subscriber
Security is different than digital. P25, DMR, NXDN, etc. are digital modes, all of which can be monitored with a digital scanner or SDR dongle. Encryption can be added to any signal (even analog) to make it unusable by any scanner.

oldsailor56

Premium Subscriber
You should be able to hear EMS dispatch, some OPP repeaters, Techumseh fire, Essex, Kingsville, Leaminton fire dept.
You won't hear border patrol or security companies.

FoeHammer

Premium Subscriber
most , if not all , security companies , taxi & towing etc have moved to DMR digital systems ,..You can hear Windsor Airport , Marine ,..& MilAir traffic some uhf business band activity ,.frs ...Without either a DMR radio or Digital Scanner ,...there isnt too much ,..& even then ,..alot of services use encryption , so unless you are after something of interest that is not encrypted yet ,..there isnt a whole lot ,..a digital scanner will get you fire & opp, but honestly they are not very exciting around here ,..for the cost of the radio

Status
Not open for further replies.