What freq is used in what town or city?

Status
Not open for further replies.

robertmac

Premium Subscriber
You might get better response posting in Prairies Thread where your other posts are. Again, search the Databases under Alberta and look up the area/towns/counties and the frequency is displayed for those areas. For example, I am not sure if Caroline would show any RCMP, but Rocky Mountain House, Sundrie, and Innisfail, along with Red Deer are listed. I do not use the tones as some do. That way I do not miss anything when going from area to area and I basically have just programmed in the RCMP frequencies listed. Some people that live between towns that use the same frequency but different tones, find that entering tones helps. But as I travel through Alberta, I have never used tones. So to start, just program in the scanner the frequencies listed for Alberta and you will pick them up. Of course, there is NO need to put in the transmit frequencies if you are using a transceiver. This way you avoid the chance of interfering with RCMP transmissions. And if you are using a transceiver to put in the receive frequencies and have a transceiver capabable of transmitting on their frequencies, put in the lowest transmit power.

davecason

Tks!

Hi Robert!

Thanks for the note ..... I will re post it and I kinda figured I could just scan by town or city.
I'd like to think there would be a master doc showing what freqs are where though, you never know.

Thanks for the bit about the CTCSS .... I use them.

Cheers'
Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.