What happened

Status
Not open for further replies.

kb7gjy

Feed Provider
In 1970 passed my 2nd class General Radio Telephone Licensee while still in Electronic School.

I was raised in two way radio. When my father retired from Law Enforcement, which he also took care of all the radios for the Sheriffs office (Dispatch, Repeaters, portables, mobiles, EOC, Etc.) He bought the local Ham Radio Store in Spokane and ran that for another 20+ years, all the while Maintaining a system of linked repeaters in the inland northwest. All the while I was by his side, learning. I passed my written for Novice at age 7 or 8, but couldn't get the code. in '88 I passed my novice, a few years later passed my tech. Working on radios and systems. The days before the internet as it is known today, where it was dialup BBSs. Packet radio was new and exciting. (Somewhere I have a couple PK-232s and a DSP 2232 from AEA)

So growing up in the "Candy Store" I got to learn alot which has served me well. Working in two way radio and the little tricks has helped alot. So from working on a GE mastr II to a IC-706MkIIg to Heathkit gear, to replacing the Caps on Motorola spectra gear. Been there.

KK4JUG

Premium Subscriber
Back in the 60s, I got my 3rd Class Radiotelephone license. It was tough. I had to promise not to cuss or send out false distress messages on the air and that was about it. I worked at a commercial station and I needed the license to be able to legally read and log the transmitter dials every hour. This was long before they went automatic.

I still have that license but I'll bet the FCC has long-since trashed their records on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.