What has happened to Coral Springs Fire?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssg978

Premium Subscriber
Just over a year ago, I purchased the Uniden Home Patrol 1. Programmed it and it worked fine. Live less than 1/2 from the city's Station 64 with and engine and PM rescue.
However, over the last several months, especially at night, when it is not running regularly, I will turn on the scanner at the sound of the siren(s).

However, I noticed I can no longer hear the Dispatch Channel, the Fireground Channel or the Inter-com channel.

Have they changed the encoding? Remember, that Coral Springs did not, and rightly so, sign the intercounty dispatch center.

Any news/advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
SG

JANFINE

Premium Subscriber
Coral Springs Fire

A year ago Coral Springs Fire was on its own Analog system.
They are now on a P25 system.
PD & FD are on the same system as well as LG.
Yes, everything on Radioreference is correct.

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
Turning on the scanner after you hear sirens is a little "after-the-fact". Your scanner should be on all the time to hear the actual dispatch.

Not related to your issue, but in my city they use Locution Automated Dispatching which goes to the stations over the internet and is repeated over the radio, so the trucks are already rolling by the time it goes out over the air.

I monitor PulsePoint on my smartphone to give me the jump on the calls as it beeps as soon as the run is entered into the CAD and shows the location and type of run. You could always try to get them interested in joining PulsePoint.

Last edited:

jafarm66

I don't know the Home Patrol 1 only my BCD436HP and my BCD396XT I hear Coral Springs Phase 1 fine as well as Ft Lauderdale Phase 1 on both scanners. I can hear Plantation Phase 2 on my 436. I live in North Central Broward. Update your R&R database via sentinel software and then update the scanner with the new database.

My 396XT only has control channels programmed in (Main and Alternate)
My 436HP has all the frequencies programmed in since it has no control channel only setting.

Use the setup that fits your HP-1 since I am unfamiliar with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.