What Is A MPT-1327 Standard System?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hsdtech

A local power company apparently is using it with frequencies in the 220 mhz range and its a trunked system. How would you set this up?

letarotor

Premium Subscriber
Don't take what I say as the gospel but I don't think you can trunk that type of system on any scanner. I do think that you can listen to it by just programming the frequencies in and that the traffic doesn't seem to move around to other frequencies, almost like it has a home Channel, as much as something like a Motorola TRS would encounter.

We had a local public safety agency that use to have that type of TRS and about three or four frequencies on it. This was back before everything went digital and the range dropped off for being able to receive them well. But when I would listen to them I would listen just as if it was a conventional user and I don't think I really missed anything. They were not an extremely busy agency so it's hard to say if it might work differently on a bigger system or one with more traffic.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Sent using Google Voice to Text. Please excuse any errors I could not see or catch.

Brian (COMMSCAN)

hsdtech

Yeah just about everything around my area is and has been digital. Except this one company which surprises me they are using this type of system.

kb5udf

Premium Subscriber
Unitrunker and sdr dongles should work. MPT 1327 is one of the older, but more successful analog FM trunking protocols, but was historically used alot in Europe, but not much in US. I think it has a 1200 baud control channel.

Last edited:

Ubbe

It's sufficient to scan the voice channels. A call it set up on a free channel and stays there until it is cleared down.
There are programs for computers that let you trunk track and lock out talk groups that are of no interest to you.

/Ubbe

Attachments

• snabel-0.8.1.zip
    277.3 KB · Views: 7
Status
Not open for further replies.