• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

What is the world comming to?

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

nec208

Youth aged 15 ‘kicked a woman to death because she was a Goth...

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/crime/article3542668.ece

A drunken 15-year-old boy stamped to death a young student because she was dressed in the distinctive fashion of a ‘Goth’, a court was told yesterday.

Sophie Lancaster, 20, and her boyfriend Robert Maltby, 21, had been meandering home through a skate park late on a Friday night when they were set upon by a gang of teenagers in a savage and unprovoked attack, the jury heard.

The five-strong gang acted “like a pack of wild animals”, first targeting their violence on Mr Maltby, an arts student also dressed in the style of a Goth or mosher, raining punches and kicks on his head as Miss Lancaster pleaded with them to stop, it was alleged. It was as Miss Lancaster was kneeling down cradling her boyfriend’s head that the accused, along with another teenager who has already pleaded guilty to murder, are said to have turned their attention to her.

The two teenagers kicked and stamped on her head, the jury at Preston Crown Court was told.

One young witness, who tried to stop the violence, told police later: “It looked like they were running over and just kicking her in the head, jumping up and down on their head or summat . . . they were kicking her all over her head.”

Ambulance staff, who could not distinguish Miss Lancaster’s sex such were her injuries, took the couple to hospital where she died two weeks later without regaining consciousness. Her boyfriend, who has no memory of the night, survived but still suffers poor health.The defendant, who cannot be named, has already pleaded guilty with four others to causing grievous bodily harm to Mr Maltby. He denies murder, insisting he took no part in the attack on Miss Lancaster. Each of the youths lives in the area of Bacup, Lancashire.

Michael Shorrock, QC, prosecuting, told the jury: “These five teenagers, acting like a pack of wild animals, savagely and mercilessly attacked and beat unconscious, first Robert Maltby and then, as she tried to rescue and help him, his girlfriend.

“This defendant, together with another young man, attacked her and beat her into unconsciousness. It would appear that Mr Maltby and Miss Lancaster were singled out not for anything they had said or done but because they dressed differently.”

Mr Shorrock said that the couple had spent the evening last August at a friend’s house and had engaged a group of youths in friendly conversation.They were in the darkened skate park in nearby Stubbylee Park when the teenagers turned on them without warning or provocation, he said.

The attack was witnessed by other teenagers. They are expected to give evidence during the trial although some are reluctant to do so.

In a statement to police the 15-year-old said: “I remember that a lad shouted, ‘Somebody hit him’. I do not know why — I was drunk and showing off — but I stepped forward and hit the male . . . once. He did not fall over or even stagger. I remember that he started to laugh.”

masonb

Seems like someone needs to fly down there and kick their ass 15 or not!

Answer: I'll do it for FREE

xpawel15x

Put those teenagers into juvenile hall and once they're 18 stick em' to jail for another 30 years or so if not more. They are lucky they're teens.

iMONITOR

Premium Subscriber
scanner_freak said:
So, if your kid did this, you would expect and be ok with them dying for this?
So if it had been your daughter they kicked to death, you would be ok with her dying?

My boys wouldn't do such a thing! They both grew up to be fine young men.

I'm sick and tired of everyone feeling sorry for murderers, protecting them, coddling them. They are what they are, regardless of their age.

Last edited:

ibagli

Premium Subscriber
GreatLakes said:
I'm sick and tired of everyone feeling sorry for murderers, protecting them, coddling them.
The farm called. They want their straw back.

Grog

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Well, we have proof that banning guns makes all crime go away.

Wait, what? Oh, nevermind..... film at 11

nova1010

kb2vxa said:
SOMEBODY has to so something about those ghouls, vampires and zombies!
Are you saying its ok what these punk kids did to this young girl who was only a 20 year old kid herself.

And ANYONE who laughs at this has serious issues and should have their head examined.

I also agree with what xpawel15x says 100% allthough I prefer an eye for an eye.

RedPenguin

Premium Subscriber
Some say, but......

It's like I've always said......

Many have told me that I overgeneralize when it comes to how teens behave.

I'm 9-teen (19), so I still consider myself a teen.

I find it insane how many teens act now of days, it's like they are just getting worser and worser.

Sometimes it seems like the teens do worse crimes than the adults anymore.

Maybe I'm an ageist but it just seems like many teens are acting horrible now of days.

I actually like the police and other law enforcement and respect them, but most teens I know, call them pigs, flatfoots, fuzz, the heat, part of the establishment, and many more names.

Most teens I know, just get in trouble with the law for the stupidest things and think that it actually is funny.

I actually have a lot more in common with older people like 30+ because many of them don't seem to give me as much trouble as people my own age.

Is 13-30 the new arrest age or something? Every time I swear I hear of someone getting arrested, it seems to be in that age group.

I'm not saying I'm perfect or anything, but I wasn't raised to act like an insane idiot who doesn't give a crap about anybody.

N

nec208

The problem today is people are going around killing other people and using weapons.Where is the old days where it was just a fight.

Those kids have problems .

Are you saying its ok what these punk kids did to this young girl who was only a 20 year old kid herself.
Those kids know what they where doing.They should be put in jail for murder not assault .Put them in a boot camp or brazilian jail .

iMONITOR

Premium Subscriber
nec208 said:
The problem today is people are going around killing other people and using weapons.Where is the old days where it was just a fight.
They didn't use any weapons to commit this murder. They kicked her in the head until she died. That's almost worse. It's very personal, and took some time to accomplish. Yet they continued until their mission was accomplished.

Note: This is an excellent example of how taking guns away from everyone, will not stop people from killing. Some seem to think if guns don't exist, they won't be harmed, or killed.

N

nec208

They didn't use any weapons to commit this murder. They kicked her in the head until she died. That's almost worse. It's very personal, and took some time to accomplish. Yet they continued until their mission was accomplished.
Well thats the problem with people today they go out to kill people or put them in the hospital.They don't get into fight than hold hads and walk away.

And fighting with bats and sticks is the norm now, like kicking them in the head.Also fighting with poles and other objects.Many don't what the gun charges and so do this.

The world is becoming more violent.

Status
Not open for further replies.