What is this UHF Trasmission?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Circa

I know who the frequency belongs to and all the info on file for it, but I don't know what type of transmission it is or how I would decode it.
It sounds like some sort of telemetry chirp.
It's an FXO type station and is in the IG - Industrial/Business Pool, Conventional single unit with multiple locations and 2W max output.
The recording looks like each sound is unique and I didn't see any that were the same.

What type of transmission is this and how would I decode it?

SDRSharp waterfall:
SDR# Waterfall
Audio Recording (MP3). Turn your speakers down if you listen, it's loud.
MP3 Audio Clip

Last edited:

nd5y

1200 baud AFSK data.
Probably SCADA
There are a lot of different data transmission formats that could be used depending on what type of control system and radio modems they are using.

RFI-EMI-GUY

Yup it is SCADA. Decoding it probably won't tell you much. You will get the status on/off of various unknown devices and quantity values of unknown sensors. Somewhere in a control room, all that data is converted to English and Graphics on a screen and lighting bulbs on a tote board. Better to find out who the licensee is and ask for a tour of their control center. It would be a far more educational endeavor. I worked with the South Florida Water Management District as a contractor finding interference on their systems. It is pretty fascinating that all this data is collected from all over the Everglades and used to turn on huge pumps to counter Mother Nature.

https://www.scadaware.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/Headworks-1024x640.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.