what is this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GM

Premium Subscriber
That is Liberty Ch. 4 Repeater from the Statue of Liberty/Ellis National Monuments. It should be listed in the NY City Database, but I admit, it is tough to find in that section. You would have to narrow it down to Metro area, and then search that way.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Okay, but if you're in northern Jersey you've got to also check NY at a bare minimum. Radio waves don't care about state or county borders. You can't assume that just because you're hearing something "loud and clear", that it's right down the block. Radio waves don't always work out that simply. There are other factors involved such as transmitter power, antenna height, antenna gain, antenna directionality, enhanced or diminished propagation due to terrain, skip, tropo ducting, etc.

OCO

On the contrary, Chauffeur6's first post with the results of his search caused me to find a search parameter that I'd been looking for for weeks....:D

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
This kind of response probably will get you more attention than you really want. Do you want to continue down this path or just move on?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2011-09-10 at 2.50.05 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2011-09-10 at 2.50.05 PM.png
    13.2 KB · Views: 140
Status
Not open for further replies.